Photo

tell me about your photographer

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#11 blumenthale

blumenthale
  • 242 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:19 AM

There are a lot of photographers mentions thru this forum. Sungold has many photographers in their group. I chose Brian Nejedley (briandesign.com) but Stacey Clark was close runner up, (google her for her website). I may actually use her for a TTD. Another option is to ask the photographers if you can use their assistants. Their assistants are often very good photographers who will work for a reduced fee. Plus, many have package options, but you can pick a shorter timeframe, like the ceremony and an hour more for formal pics, short time equals less money. Good luck.

#12 RaychelRae

RaychelRae
    • 446 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:24 PM

If you can't seem to find any way of hiring a cheaper photographer maybe you can reason with your FI and cut back on some other aspects of the wedding that may not be as important to you.

#13 Marne

Marne
      • 120 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:08 PM

My WC is pushing for me to use Saab for my photographer. Does anyone know how they compare?

#14 Vikki

Vikki
        • 807 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:04 PM

We just finished working with Misha Earle. Our wedding was Monday and she was very professional, made us both feel comfortable and put up with all my quirks. I haven't seen any pictures yet but based on the "feel" of the day I'm confident they turned out well. I will be posting a full review when they come in.

Misha Earle Photography

#15 negrildreamer

negrildreamer
          • 28 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:08 AM

we ended up looking in the knot's magazine and though I guess she doesn't advertise, we found one that got some award by the readers and then looked her up on Yelp. One of the recent DWs she did is here Moon Dance Cliffs / Moondance Villas Weddings

I know depending on the location she offered some brides on the knot free destination shoots as long as the trip and hotel was covered. We didnt get that deal but its worth a shot I guess just to see. What is seems like is one of the top photographers that is in the states (blog says she shoots in chicago and new england and then destinations). hope this helps anyone who is looking at lower cost options.

#16 amandajill

amandajill
            • 6 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:01 PM

Did you find a photographer yet??

I found one to do my wedding in my at Runaway bay and the prices were very reasonable...

her website looks really good and she got back to me within hours every time I contacted her.

Jamaica wedding photographer , Marcia Roberts, Negril, Ocho Rios ,Montego Bay, Kingston, www.jamaicanphotography.com

Are you getting married at gran bahia principe by any chance?

#17 JMarie

JMarie
              • 18 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:20 PM

Hi Amandajill,

I am currently looking for a photographer and I am getting married at Gran Bahia Principe too! Thank you for sharing the info for the photographer that you are using!! I already contacted her and am waiting to hear from her.

#18 LadyD

LadyD
                • 108 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:57 PM

I'm using Misha Earle too as she was recommended by my WC. I also emailed Saab and Sungold for quotes. All three were quick with responding-Saab being the most expensive.

I'm still trying to convince the DH to do a trash the dress...but he's not budging:)
                  Enjoyed a FANTASIC wedding in Mobay with 95 of our closest friends and family!!

#19 blckrevpower

blckrevpower
                  • 572 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:18 PM

i'm having the same issue! it's just costs a lot to hire a photographer! i have found people here who are willing to travel for free and the cost is okay, but i'm not crazy about their portfolio. guess i will have to keep looking
                    "Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!" --Homer Simpson

#20 CHAKLIT

CHAKLIT
                    • 260 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:46 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by negrildreamer
                      we ended up looking in the knot's magazine and though I guess she doesn't advertise, we found one that got some award by the readers and then looked her up on Yelp. One of the recent DWs she did is here Moon Dance Cliffs / Moondance Villas Weddings

I know depending on the location she offered some brides on the knot free destination shoots as long as the trip and hotel was covered. We didnt get that deal but its worth a shot I guess just to see. What is seems like is one of the top photographers that is in the states (blog says she shoots in chicago and new england and then destinations). hope this helps anyone who is looking at lower cost options.
                      I need to check her out...I like her work
                      I've booked Heather Parker for my photographer for my April 2, 2011 wedding in Ochi Rios, Jamaica. If anyone is getting married in Jamaica days before or after me and is interested sharing her travel expenses to save few wedding budget bucks, let me know. Take a look at her work for Moon Dance...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users