Photo

Resort Finally Chosen! Iberostar Rose Hall Suites!

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#11 jonesr1979

jonesr1979
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 05:57 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MsSmithtobe
    Visited the resort last month and immediately made my decision... It was beautiful and Nicole, the wedding coordinator is great. I was a little worried because she was slow getting back to me on emails, but they are on Jamaica time lol. They have a lot of selection and flexibility on locations for your ceremony and reception. I decided on the beach for the ceremony, the lobby terrace for the cocktail hr and the steakhouse restaurant on the beach for the reception. I am a little worried about the rates for rooms for my guests but I am working with a travel agent to get that down. Let me know if you guys have any questions, it still is fresh in my mind from last month.:-)
    Hi MsSimthtobe! I had asked this question in the other thread but do you know if there is a suit rental place on site at the hotel?

THANKS!!!

#12 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
    • 282 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:31 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jonesr1979
      Hi MsSimthtobe! I had asked this question in the other thread but do you know if there is a suit rental place on site at the hotel?

THANKS!!!
      I don't believe so, I know they will iron or steam your dress or tuxedo, but I think you will have to get it elsewhere.

#13 NikkiT.

NikkiT.
      • 106 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:23 PM

Hello Wendy,

I wanted to ask you what decisions you have made regarding locations for the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception.

Thanks,
        Nikki

#14 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
        • 282 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:23 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by NikkiT.
          Hello Wendy,

I wanted to ask you what decisions you have made regarding locations for the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception.

Thanks,
          Nikki
          Lol, the question was not meant for me but I'll chime in anyway..
          I chose the Calabash for the rehearsal, the beach for the ceremony and aunt ruby's steakhouse for the reception. Hope that helps!

#15 NikkiT.

NikkiT.
          • 106 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 01:52 PM

Haha....that is fine because we are all family on here. I am leaning towards the Calabash for the dinner, but I wonder if they will allow me to change the menu a little. I have heard awesome things about the steakhouse so I want to have the rehearsal dinner there for sure. Thx!

Nikki

#16 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
            • 282 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:16 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by NikkiT.
              Haha....that is fine because we are all family on here. I am leaning towards the Calabash for the dinner, but I wonder if they will allow me to change the menu a little. I have heard awesome things about the steakhouse so I want to have the rehearsal dinner there for sure. Thx!

Nikki
              Yea, now I am contemplating switching the reception to Calabash, just for the sake of air conditioning lol. Don't want my guest sweating and dancing. lol

#17 Jules23

Jules23
              • 182 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:23 PM

Yea, im having a hard time deciding what to do also! I know for sure our ceremony will be on the beach and our reception dinner will be at aunt rubys steak house. But for the dancing afterwards - i know you can change locations such as by the pool / lazy river or beach etc but I wonder how hot it is or if its really windy at night. As for doing a cocktail hour party or rehearsal dinner, not sure one where to have that yet!

#18 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
                • 282 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:44 PM

Just from the several times I've been to JA, the weather in March and April isn't really excruciating hot, but it might be too hot to dance in...

#19 kimberly333

kimberly333
                  • 283 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:31 PM

I've been having a hard time contacting WC at IRHS. The first e mail I sent was on Wednesday and a few after that. I still haven't heard back from anyone. Do you have to se a TA or is there another way of contacting the WC at this resort?

#20 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
                    • 282 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:49 PM

I have sent her an email about 2 weeks ago, still haven't heard back. Assuming she is busy, wedding season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users