Sign in to follow this  
JENESIS

Anteres?

This DJ is not responding to me. After weeks he finally responded and told me he was free the day of my wedding. I asked about prices and that was 2 weeks ago.

Is he always like this? Should I just find someone else?

I've had the same problem with David Flores of AVL Systems. I think it's a Mexican DJ thing, not necessarily just Anteres. As my date has gotten closer (and I threatened to replace him - in Spanish), my DJ as gotten more responsive. I empathize with your stress though. I've been there.

Ladies, I totally understand the frustration. The average reponse time for my WC at the Westin is 2 weeks. Its like they return all of my email until I gave them the deposit, and then they disapear! Whats up with that?

KarlaV

That's how my WC at Hilton was until a few months before the wedding. I guess they concentrate on the current wedding and put you on the backburner until it's "your turn". It can be annoying though when you're trying to get stuff done and checked off your list.

dj antares is like that! also, i emailed him my list of songs and asked him to confirm he received them and had the songs i wanted and he responded with some crazy email...like "hey, how are you?"

and that was IT! i was like WTF!!

i wish i had a good dj to refer but i haven't heard a single dj that people raved about...

not to scare you, he wasnt horrible, just ok.

I am using Antares, and he is about 60% responsive, 40% late. Lately, as my wedding nears, he has been better. If you can wait a month for my review of him (and MariaElena's review of David F) then you might be able to make a better decision?

I think it's just the way business is done in Mexico, unfortunately. The only vendors who are 100% prompt with me are the Americans living down there. I have chalked it up to a cultural thing. After all, we are getting married in Mexico so I guess we have to play by their rules! :)

You're right Janet. I'm waiting to book a dj until some more of you girls get married and post reviews! Right now they all seem kinda scary, I guess I just need to know who's the least scariest!foshizzle.bmp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANET1111 View Post
I am using Antares, and he is about 60% responsive, 40% late. Lately, as my wedding nears, he has been better. If you can wait a month for my review of him (and MariaElena's review of David F) then you might be able to make a better decision?

I think it's just the way business is done in Mexico, unfortunately. The only vendors who are 100% prompt with me are the Americans living down there. I have chalked it up to a cultural thing. After all, we are getting married in Mexico so I guess we have to play by their rules! :)
Sounds like a great idea, Janet. Thanks.