Photo

Anteres?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 JENESIS

JENESIS
  • 394 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:31 AM

This DJ is not responding to me. After weeks he finally responded and told me he was free the day of my wedding. I asked about prices and that was 2 weeks ago.

Is he always like this? Should I just find someone else?

#2 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
    • 402 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:46 AM

I've had the same problem with David Flores of AVL Systems. I think it's a Mexican DJ thing, not necessarily just Anteres. As my date has gotten closer (and I threatened to replace him - in Spanish), my DJ as gotten more responsive. I empathize with your stress though. I've been there.
      MariaElena - 10/28/06
      Hilton / San Jose Catholic Church

#3 KarlaV

KarlaV
      • 171 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:50 AM

Ladies, I totally understand the frustration. The average reponse time for my WC at the Westin is 2 weeks. Its like they return all of my email until I gave them the deposit, and then they disapear! Whats up with that?
        KarlaV
        Karla&Ronnie
        Wedding Slideshow
        Engagement Slideshow
        May 5, 2007Westin Resort and Spa Los CabosCustom Stationery and Wedding Invitations

#4 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
        • 402 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 11:11 AM

That's how my WC at Hilton was until a few months before the wedding. I guess they concentrate on the current wedding and put you on the backburner until it's "your turn". It can be annoying though when you're trying to get stuff done and checked off your list.
          MariaElena - 10/28/06

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 11 October 2006 - 11:14 AM

dj antares is like that! also, i emailed him my list of songs and asked him to confirm he received them and had the songs i wanted and he responded with some crazy email...like "hey, how are you?"

and that was IT! i was like WTF!!

i wish i had a good dj to refer but i haven't heard a single dj that people raved about...

not to scare you, he wasnt horrible, just ok.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 JENESIS

JENESIS
          • 394 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 11:48 AM

Damn. I don't want to end up with a crappy DJ. I want him for 5 hours. That's a long time.

#7 Janet

Janet
            • VIP Member
            • 7,459 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 02:34 PM

I am using Antares, and he is about 60% responsive, 40% late. Lately, as my wedding nears, he has been better. If you can wait a month for my review of him (and MariaElena's review of David F) then you might be able to make a better decision?

I think it's just the way business is done in Mexico, unfortunately. The only vendors who are 100% prompt with me are the Americans living down there. I have chalked it up to a cultural thing. After all, we are getting married in Mexico so I guess we have to play by their rules! :)

#8 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
              • 402 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 02:53 PM

I agree 100% with Janet's take on the whole DJ (Mexican Vendor) issue!
                MariaElena - 10/28/06

#9 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 6,996 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 02:56 PM

You're right Janet. I'm waiting to book a dj until some more of you girls get married and post reviews! Right now they all seem kinda scary, I guess I just need to know who's the least scariest!

#10 JENESIS

JENESIS
                  • 394 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:14 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by JANET1111
                    I am using Antares, and he is about 60% responsive, 40% late. Lately, as my wedding nears, he has been better. If you can wait a month for my review of him (and MariaElena's review of David F) then you might be able to make a better decision?

I think it's just the way business is done in Mexico, unfortunately. The only vendors who are 100% prompt with me are the Americans living down there. I have chalked it up to a cultural thing. After all, we are getting married in Mexico so I guess we have to play by their rules! :)
                    Sounds like a great idea, Janet. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users