Photo

My DW has been cancelled :(

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 SusieQ

SusieQ
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 07:57 PM

Wow!!!! Life has handed you some pretty shitty cards there girl.....I am not sure if there are words to make you feel better, please feel my heart felt empathy for you and our honey. I will be home for your wedding day, I'll be home on the 10th of feb. I'll be sending you good vibes and a pray on your wedding day.

#22 KarenM

KarenM
    • 1,920 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:25 PM

Wow. I'm so sorry you two are going through this, but it sounds like you've been able to re-prioritize & have made the best decision given the circumstances. It may not be what you originally imagined, but I have no doubt you will have a beautiful wedding. You definitely have plenty of time to make it a wonderful celebration and it will be just as special b/c you'll be marrying your honey!

And what a bonus - going to Mexico in January!! Have a wonderful time and get lots of cool souvenirs!

#23 MilitaryMrs.s-to be

MilitaryMrs.s-to be
      • 553 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:25 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out for you, and your wedding will still be beautiful, no worries. Best of luck

#24 Sloan

Sloan
        • 1,279 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:27 PM

Yikes! Sorry to hear you two are dealing with all that. It's a lot for anyone to have on their plate. At least you and FI are on the same page. Good luck planning your local wedding. I'm sure it'll be just as gorgeous!!

#25 amandalsu

amandalsu
          • 122 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:17 PM

I am so sorry you are having to go through all of this in what should be the happiest time of your life. I am sure you will be able to plan a beautiful wedding at home. Maybe you can get the resort to work with you regarding the deposits you made for the others (and they are jerks for not reimbursing you) and put them towards a room upgrade, resort credits, an anniversary trip, or something once you explain your situation.

#26 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
            • 547 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:21 PM

Sorry to hear your story. Good luck planning your wedding. Don't forget to enjoy the fact that you are marrying the man you love, no matter what else is happening in the world!
              *~*JENN*~*

#27 brandynd

brandynd
              • 221 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:19 AM

Thank you ladies so much for your continued support! It has been such a tough week, and I’ve been doing everything I can not to completely lose my mind. We are going tomorrow to find out if we can book the florist that I’m in love with, but they usually book up 8-10 months in advance. I’ll keep you all posted as things develop!
                There is no better gift that can be given than the gift of ones self.

#28 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
                • 5,078 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:16 AM

I am sorry to hear that. What is important that you guys get married! Good luck with everything.

#29 super19

super19
                  • 1,123 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 01:04 PM

I wish you a ton of luck and I'm so sorry that you have to cancel your DW. I'm sending great vibes your way and hoping for the best.

#30 josee

josee
                    • 217 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:00 PM

I am so sorry to hear that. I wish you a fabulous wedding at home. I am sure that you will be able to plan everything and that it will be all you wanted it to be!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users