Post all your carry-on questions here * Carry-on wedding dress/luggage

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#71 kerryjbrown

• 672 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:37 AM

I carried mine on with American and had no issues. The lady at the check in gave me a hard time as my dress was HUGE! but I told her I would check it if the gate people made me but not going to before that. There were 2 wedding dresses on my plane, mine went in the closet (still has to fold up a bit) and they hung hers on the wall between first class and coach. They were very nice about it.

#72 Yvette

• 510 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:53 AM

I also carried mine on, the plane had a closet I that the flight attendents let me use.

#73 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:37 PM

I flew continental and they let me put my dress in the closet.
        Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#74 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by jkcz0702
          I flew continental and they let me put my dress in the closet.
          That is good to know because we are flying Continental too!

#75 jls62081

• 15 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:29 PM

Thank you all that replied - that helps out a ton!!!!.

About the search I did search but for some reason it was not finding anything! Could have been the operator though :)

#76 LesleyAnne

• 13 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:32 PM

We flew Continental to Cancun to be married in Secrets Maroma. I folded my Jessie McClintock gown into my carry on. I would not let my dress leave my sight. Everything can be bought in Mexico, etc. except the gown you searched for everywhere, so guard it with your life! HA! My wedding package included pressing of my gown. It looked perfect on the big day! So I guess it depends how big your gown is. Good luck! P.S.-Continental is very accomodating in all kinds of ways since I have been flying with them for years. Just call ahead!

#77 Kits55

• 607 posts
              • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
              • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:46 PM

I carried mine on plus two carry-ons in addition. Oops, I meant ONE carry-on and a personal item

We flew American Airlines and the steward guy totally rocked. He even offered us a bottle of champagne but I can't drink so we had to forego. Most airlines are really understanding and everyone thinks it's really cool!

#78 nina1589

• 41 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:46 AM

We are flying American, and I am definitely going to carry my dress on with me. My mom seems to think we may even get a seat upgrade. That would be an Awesome bonus!

#79 cherrity

• 25 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:35 AM

Hi there...my daughter just got married at the gran caribe real resort in cancun and she had 2 wedding dresses and yes yes yes we did carry them on...the airlines are very good about that....and it doesn't as one of your carry ons...hoe this helped

#80 cowman1999

• 107 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:20 AM

We are flying direct from Charlotte to Cancun on US Airways... I hope they are cool too..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users