Photo

Post all your carry-on questions here * Carry-on wedding dress/luggage

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#61 Vikki

Vikki
  • 807 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:53 PM

I was wondering too about the size requirements.... I flew to Taiwan last year and they not only weighed my carry-on at the international gate but made sure it would fit inside of specific dimensions. Will I have to crunch my dress down to nothing to get it on?

#62 -Kate-

-Kate-
    • VIP Member
    • 7,676 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:29 PM

The only way to get accurate answers to these questions is to call the airline. Every airline is different and their rules change a lot. Just call your airline.

#63 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:29 PM

the best thing to do is call your specific airline's 1800# and just ask them :)

#64 seaprincess

seaprincess
        • 753 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:33 PM

My experience with Westjet was that the airline was very accommodating with the dress, trying to find a space for it so it didn't get crushed, plus we each had a carry-on. I think that airlines are getting pretty familiar with brides flying south with this extra...our flight had 3 brides total! Follow-up with your TA or the airline for more info to be sure, but I would be surprised if it counted.
          Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#65 jls62081

jls62081
          • 15 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:55 PM

How did ya'll take your wedding dress on the plane?? Carry on or luggage or what?? Advice would be helpful thanks so much!!

#66 CaboBride2010

CaboBride2010
            • Banned
            • 248 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:00 PM

hey there are many threads already on this topic so try use the search button on the top right of the forum page and you will definaltey find your answer that way

#67 iberostar09

iberostar09
              • 173 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:58 AM

I would agree, there is a ton of information on this topic right here in the forum! :)

#68 JulieG

JulieG
                • VIP Member
                • 8,323 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:48 AM

I was just about to say the same thing. Sorry if it seems like no one is answering you and just telling you to search, but really we are all tired of dealing with the same questions over and over again. The search function is a great feature, I use it before I start any new threads just to make sure its not already on here. Just a tip. Search and you will find your answer :)

#69 JOSIE

JOSIE
                  • 1,792 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:17 AM

I'll answer! I am absolutely carrying mine on! I've heard horror stories about girls who checked their dress and it got lost, etc. So my advice is to carry it on! Hope this helps :)

#70 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
                    • 475 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:23 AM

most airlines will take ur dress and hang it up on the plane.. so bring it on with you!!!

Mr. & Mrs. Reid
                      All my life, I prayed for someone like you... and I thank God that I finally found you!

http://tickers.Ticke....7116/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users