becks

VIP

• VIP Member
  • 4,881 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:39 AM

I had a roll-aboard case and a beach bag when I went in February.

I'm going back down on Friday (returning Monday), so I'll let you know how it goes, as I'll have the same luggage arrangement.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#22 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:24 PM

Its like that in most of the UK airports, I had to stuff mine in my backpack and made it fit, god knows how! as soon as I got through the security i took it back out.

They are really tight and haven't slacked any since the attacks a couple of years ago.

#23 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:06 PM

good i'm glad to see some better input than mine, both about CUN and LGW :)

#24 Cali

Cali
    • 281 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:35 PM

We never had any problems with two carry on at Cancun...

#25 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:38 AM

I just flew back on Monday night. No problems at all with the carry ons. I had my roller bag and a big beach bag and no one blinked an eye.

One thing to note, security opened EVERYONE'S luggage at the gate before we boarded. So don't pack so tightly that you have to sit on your carryon to close it.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#26 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
      • 2,262 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:42 AM

i'm gonna have to travel really light - we are only allowed ONE bag which is no more than 5kg and one case that is no more than 20kg !! so i think i'm going to have to try and fold my dress into my backpack!

#27 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:51 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by becks
          I just flew back on Monday night. No problems at all with the carry ons. I had my roller bag and a big beach bag and no one blinked an eye.

One thing to note, security opened EVERYONE'S luggage at the gate before we boarded. So don't pack so tightly that you have to sit on your carryon to close it.
          Welcome back!!!

#28 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
          • 985 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:26 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by becks
            They were doing this in Puerto Vallarta at the check in counter when we left, and when my daughter left one week later. They checked all of our bags, check in and carry on bags, so don't pack them with too much stuff!

#29 shannon

shannon
            • 772 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:13 PM

We had a big duffel bag (slightly bigger than a small rolling suitcase), my wedidng dress, and a purse-- and no one said anything to us. We were prepared to pay $25 for our 2nd checked bag when we arrived at the Raleigh/Durham airport (me and DH had 2 checked bags each- so we were prepared for a $50 charge). We didn't get charged for the 2nd checked bag leaving Raleigh for Cancun, or leaving Cancun to get back to Raleigh, NC.

We were told by some of our guests that you are allowed 2 checked bags on US Air if flying internationally--we thought they were giving us a break bc we told the ladies we were getting married-hehe.

All four of our checked bags weighed between 47-49 lbs (thank goodness-we were nervous about that!) and we carried 72 votive candle holders as well as our sand unity set--- only one votive candle broke- everything else got there safely and with zero problems! :)

I stressed alot about getting everything down there, and we had no problems....

#30 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:24 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by shannon
                We had a big duffel bag (slightly bigger than a small rolling suitcase), my wedidng dress, and a purse-- and no one said anything to us. We were prepared to pay $25 for our 2nd checked bag when we arrived at the Raleigh/Durham airport (me and DH had 2 checked bags each- so we were prepared for a $50 charge). We didn't get charged for the 2nd checked bag leaving Raleigh for Cancun, or leaving Cancun to get back to Raleigh, NC.

We were told by some of our guests that you are allowed 2 checked bags on US Air if flying internationally--we thought they were giving us a break bc we told the ladies we were getting married-hehe.

All four of our checked bags weighed between 47-49 lbs (thank goodness-we were nervous about that!) and we carried 72 votive candle holders as well as our sand unity set--- only one votive candle broke- everything else got there safely and with zero problems! :)

I stressed alot about getting everything down there, and we had no problems....

If you booked your trip on US airways before the rule change you don't get charged.

RDU is my airport too :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users