Photo

Post all your carry-on questions here * Carry-on wedding dress/luggage

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#121 mrswilson2012

mrswilson2012
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

I'm flying on United with my wedding dress and was told that would count as my carry on & I can bring an additional personal item as well.

#122 jordanb

jordanb
    • 185 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

You should be able to if you check them, just don't carry on. Call your airline to be sure though!

What: Mexican beach wedding extravaganza

When: January 18, 2013

Where: The Royal Playa Del Carmen

Who: Soon-to-be Mr. & Mrs. Sprague; 50+ guests; del Sol Photography

Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...

#123 futuremrswarner

futuremrswarner
      • 360 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

I'm thinking of using those space bags to pack my dress. According to the commercials, they say that it shouldn't wrinkle too much but still hoping to just carry it on and use the closets. 

I saw a soon-to-be bride on my last vacation to Mexico, and she made a big scene with the airline attendants about using the first class closet when she was flying economy. I think they were initially going to let her, but she had such a bad attitude that they just told her to store it above at the end. Diva is NOT the way to go when you want a favor from the airline..

#124 jordanb

jordanb
        • 185 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

You might ask your seamstresses if they can pack the dress in a carry-on for you. I was planning on trying my luck with the plane closets, but my seamstress told me not to risk it, and to instead bring a carry-on bag with me to my last fitting. She'd then finish the dress, pack it for me and have it waiting that way when I picked it up. My dress is lace, and she said it shouldnt wrinkle at all, but even if it's not, the resort can usually steam it for you, and sometimes all it takes is a bit of tropical humidity to make any small wrinkles fall right out!

What: Mexican beach wedding extravaganza

When: January 18, 2013

Where: The Royal Playa Del Carmen

Who: Soon-to-be Mr. & Mrs. Sprague; 50+ guests; del Sol Photography

Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...

#125 ElleGee

ElleGee
          • 255 posts
          • Wedding Date:October 28, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach Resort
          • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by jordanb 

Stella331, did you ever  get a solid answer on this? I was wondering the same thing and planning on calling, but if you did, please let me know what you were told! Thanks!

We flew United . . .They allowed me to carry on my dress and a large beach bag (that I just put my purse in, so I didnt have 3 items). They were great about letting me hang my dress in the 1st Class Closet. 

- Elle Gee

(Laura)

Visit my online boutique: www.candiwithellegee.com

#126 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
          • 381 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

I'm thinking of using those space bags to pack my dress. According to the commercials, they say that it shouldn't wrinkle too much but still hoping to just carry it on and use the closets.  I saw a soon-to-be bride on my last vacation to Mexico, and she made a big scene with the airline attendants about using the first class closet when she was flying economy. I think they were initially going to let her, but she had such a bad attitude that they just told her to store it above at the end. Diva is NOT the way to go when you want a favor from the airline..

Its funny you mentioned a space bag for the wedding dress. A coworker is getting married tomorrow and she packed her gown I a space bag and packed it. Her resort provides steaming so she should be fine.

#127 Melissa14

Melissa14
            • 304 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 27, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos
            • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

I'm flying to Cabo via Alaska Airlines from Los Angeles and I'm curious... Is there really a charge for every single bag checked?? Anyone know?

Marrying My 5th Grade "Boyfriend"...Life has a funny way of working itself out

#128 riz157

riz157
            • 47 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:58 AM

I had a lace dress as well and I packed it in my carry on luggage. I didn't use a space bag...just rolled it up and made sure to keep the tissue paper and hanger frame in the bust part so that the top part maintained the shape.  It barely had any wrinkles at all and my mom steamed it for me with a hand held steamer we brought with us.  I have to say that if you have a lace dress just pack it up and save the hassle of lugging it around the entire airport. 

#129 Recy

Recy
              • 165 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

So pretty much I need to make sure my resort can steam my dress.

"Make or accept no excuses. You are where you are today (and will be tomorrow) as a result of what you did or did not do yesterday."

#130 un4gitabl

un4gitabl
                • 110 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 23, 2013
                • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

I had not thought about using a space bag!  My dress is tulle at the bottom, but my hotel does steam it.  I will have to talk to my seamstress and see what she recommends.  Thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users