Guests who forget this is YOUR wedding, not theirs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by melnickovich View Post
Thanks everyone for the encouragement!
-Taguania, I've had people say that to me too, "why do you have to go to Mexico, why can't you just have it around here?" In fact when I told a few people it was going to be Mexico, they said "oh, well we will have to get you to change your mind about that." Seriously, they have all had their weddings (some of them 2 weddings, lol) and done what they wanted, now it's our turn. Maybe I just need to drastically cut my guest list, haha
I've experienced this too... I'm getting married in Dominican, and people say "WHY are you getting married in Dominican in July, why not just do it hre, it would be easier"... OH REALLY. Last time I checked, it wouldn't cost me $20,000 or more to have a bunch of people at my wedding just to please everyone else. And besides, Canadians can attest that our summer last year was the SH*TS, so maybe you will get one more week of summer down there if you go? Whatever, I used to care abut complainers, but my parents will be there, and so will his dad and really, thats all that matters! If other people come, great, if not, then stay the hell home with your negative attitude! lol

Take it all in stride, people who complain will complain about ANYTHING! :)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry you have to deal with all that! What a pain! I think that some people will just complain to complain, it doesn't matter what you do.

IMO - $580 is a REALLY great deal!!!

We didn't invite anyone - except our parents & siblings. We decided that before we told anyone, we would have an AHR and everyone could come to that. I wanted a relaxing day and less stress in planning.

Quote:
"I don't understand why he didn't just find a girl from around here."
Victoria - my jaw dropped when I read that. Can you 'uninvite' someone huh.gif

I have a few like this too! Unfortunately one is FI's dad, so that sucks. Another isn't even a relative but the live-in gf of one, and we aren't even close but she seems to feel the need to criticize everything from the choice of country (wtf- it's my wedding, it's my pick), to my choice of travel agent (because I picked my own and not someone she'd recommended) to my price (which is very reasonable, I'd shopped around a lot and no one else has a problem with it). As we're not close, I hear about all of her snarky remarks from others. I'm waiting for the day I hear anything in person (although I doubt she's that brave) because she will be told. She's such a trouble maker- I wish she'd just stay home but I know she'll go and complain all week to anyone who'll listen. I feel like having a classic bridezilla tantrum every time I think about it- you know, foot stomping, red face and shouting "It's MY wedding not YOURS" lol.

My family is totally cool with it infact are thrilled about going to a wedding in Cuba but my fiances family keep on asking us to do ah AHR or do it here instead, we finally got upset this past weekend and told them, listen this is our wedding, we will do it where and where we want to, no one told them how to do their wedding, now it is our turn to enjoy it and the way i see it - if they really want a AHR they can suprise us with one! :) hehe

Wow. I wouldn't let complaining (potential) guests worry you. Just ignore the complaints and look at it this way...if you entertain the complaints they'll complain more. If you ignore them, laugh and hang up the phone, they will either get the message and not come or chalk up the money and show up. To be honest for every complaining guest that doesn't show up the more money you save. At least the people the come will really want to be there for you and the FI.