Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jmiranda

Wedding booked...resort closed!!!!!

Recommended Posts

The Riu Vallarta will be closed until October 30, 2009 for maintenance!!! My wedding is in 25 days with 70 people booked and ready to go.

 

I found out because I was looking for prices for my hairstylist so I went to the riu website and put in our dates and it came back with no available rooms for those dates so I checked on expedia and the same. Ok at this point I start freaking out because Jr has family that say they are going to the wedding and havent booked yet. So now Im thinking that the hotel is fully booked so I deecide to call our event coordinator at the Riu and no answer so I called the number on the Riu website and the lady told me the the Riu Vallarta will be closed for maintenance until 10/30/09. Hmmm ok "I have a wedding on October 20!!! She says you will PROBABLY be switched to one of the other Riu hotels.

 

Ok now I really start panicking I call Jr and tell him the BIG news he calms me down a says try calling the Event Coordinator again.

 

So I did I called and he answered he said that he just found out yesterday and has not contacted me because he wanted to be 100% sure that they are going to be closed and that if they are going to be closed that he wants to have plan B ready for us.

 

The plus side of all this is that we will be moved to Riu Palace Pacifico which is a whole lot nicer hotel.

 

We were about to send in our full payment yesterday but Jr wanted to take a last look at the contract before we sent it in. Now I feel that the best thing to do is wait off on the payment until they have an answer for us.

 

I am patiently waiting for the coordinators call...yeah ok...Im so nervous as to whats going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well hopefully they will move you to the nicer resort for the same price and give you some freebies for the hassle. It never hurts to ask. I would definitely hold off payment until "plan B" is finalized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aww, dang that sounds like a lot of stress! I would be freaking out! But on the bright side you might be in a nicer resort?! So close to the wedding though! I hope everything works out! Keep us posted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since they are moving yall to the nicer resort at no fault of your own. I would make sure they are giving you the same rate's and will they be giving your guest that havent booked rate the same rates or will they have to pay the new rate. (I think they should have to give your guest that havent book the same rates) I hope it all works out for you

 

Jenn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFutureMrs.Sears View Post
i hope everything works out for you!!
I hope so too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalsu View Post
Well hopefully they will move you to the nicer resort for the same price and give you some freebies for the hassle. It never hurts to ask. I would definitely hold off payment until "plan B" is finalized.
The nicer hotel is a plus and you bet I will ask for freebies they cant say no. I will be holding off on the payment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~ View Post
Aww, dang that sounds like a lot of stress! I would be freaking out! But on the bright side you might be in a nicer resort?! So close to the wedding though! I hope everything works out! Keep us posted!
I am stressing but trying to keep it together. I will keep everyone posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
Something similar happened to Alyssa but a little more then 20 days before her wedding! I can't imagine how stressful that is. Keep us in the loop!
Yes I don remember when it happened to Alyssa she was able to switch everything far in advance as for me I have 25 days with people traveling from everywhere. Im hoping for the best. Im a strong believer of things happening for a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutedimplestee View Post
I'm sure everything will work out. That would totally freak me out!!
Im a freaking out but trying my best not too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoor_girl1010 View Post
Since they are moving yall to the nicer resort at no fault of your own. I would make sure they are giving you the same rate's and will they be giving your guest that havent booked rate the same rates or will they have to pay the new rate. (I think they should have to give your guest that havent book the same rates) I hope it all works out for you

Jenn
Good point I didnt even think about this one. I will have to talk to them about this because if they switch us to the other hotel the rates will be higher than at the Riu Vallarta which makes it unfair for the people who havent booked yet. Thanks for your input.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would totally be freaking out! I hope everything works out and if they are closed and you're getting moved to an even nicer hotel then just look at this as a blessing in disguise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×