Jump to content

Photo

Uh oh. Unhappy with the resort (BRB)


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Flasong

Flasong
  • Jr. Member
  • 340 posts

    Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:16 AM

    We are doing a private reception on the beach there...we are going to be a group of 18 people. I was not going to do it at first but then decided to, because these are our closest friends/family that have come a long way and wanted to do something nice for them. I believe the min. to do that is 20 people so we have to pay for 20 people...we were supposed to be a group of 20, but a coulple had to back out last minute..no biggie though

    We are not writing our own ceremony..just going with the flow on what they do for that lol

    I will def. write a review when I get back...there aren't too many BRB brides on here so I want to help out when and where I can:) Oh and my friend who is a photographer is coming with us so I will have have a ton of pictures..he is staying there 5 nights!

    #22 J2K

    J2K
    • Newbie
    • 59 posts

      Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:40 PM

      Here's a good piece of advise for everyone. When you have your meeting with Keisha, she will ask about photography. Tell her that you want to purchase a photography package, but that you're not sure which one, and will decide after the wedding. They have a photo office on-site where you can preview all of the pictures that the resort photographer took and then choose a few with an album, etc.

      When we had our meeting, we told her that we didn't want any pictures taken by the resort and that we would just use our guests photos. This prompted her to say that there would be no "pro" cameras allowed, or there would be a $1000 photographer charge. Greeaaat! Anyways, we followed their rules and our "cousin" (Misti Abner/Photographer) didn't take any pictures of the ceremony but got plenty after the ceremony was over. We purchased some ceremony pictures from the resort then and had Misti shoot our "fun" pictures.

      I don't think it would've been an issue if we had just said that we would buy a package up front, after seeing the photos. So.. this is why we would suggest doing that at your planning meeting.

      Our photographer was Crazy J too, he was a nice guy. If anyone else is getting married there and wants some other photo tips, PM us.

      #23 KJT1985

      KJT1985
      • Member
      • 694 posts

        Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:44 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by J2K
        Here's a good piece of advise for everyone. When you have your meeting with Keisha, she will ask about photography. Tell her that you want to purchase a photography package, but that you're not sure which one, and will decide after the wedding. They have a photo office on-site where you can preview all of the pictures that the resort photographer took and then choose a few with an album, etc.

        When we had our meeting, we told her that we didn't want any pictures taken by the resort and that we would just use our guests photos. This prompted her to say that there would be no "pro" cameras allowed, or there would be a $1000 photographer charge. Greeaaat! Anyways, we followed their rules and our "cousin" (Misti Abner/Photographer) didn't take any pictures of the ceremony but got plenty after the ceremony was over. We purchased some ceremony pictures from the resort then and had Misti shoot our "fun" pictures.

        I don't think it would've been an issue if we had just said that we would buy a package up front, after seeing the photos. So.. this is why we would suggest doing that at your planning meeting.

        Our photographer was Crazy J too, he was a nice guy. If anyone else is getting married there and wants some other photo tips, PM us.
        That's a good idea. We'll definitely do that. I was under the impression that it didn't matter if they were a pro as long as they were a resort guest? Doesn't really matter for us - our friend doesn't have professional equipment but takes really good pictures just the same. Thanks!!

        #24 Flasong

        Flasong
        • Jr. Member
        • 340 posts

          Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:02 AM

          Well, I hope they don't pull that with me because that is one thing I will freak out about...he does have professional equipment but is staying for 5 nights! I was under the impression if they are a guest of the hotel then it is fine.

          #25 J2K

          J2K
          • Newbie
          • 59 posts

            Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:45 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Flasong
            Well, I hope they don't pull that with me because that is one thing I will freak out about...he does have professional equipment but is staying for 5 nights! I was under the impression if they are a guest of the hotel then it is fine.
            We were under that same impression, since our TA and Superclubs headquarters in Miami confirmed that any guest staying at the hotel would be allowed to take as many photos as they wanted.

            I do believe though that we threw up a red flag when we said we didn't need a photographer at our planning meeting. This is why I'd recommend saying that you'll buy a package up front, because that's all they really want anyways. What would be even better, would be a signed letter from Superclubs headquarters stating that any guest would be allowed to take pictures of your wedding.

            Either way, don't let it ruin your day. You'll be prepared for it at least.

            #26 Flasong

            Flasong
            • Jr. Member
            • 340 posts

              Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:03 AM

              Whew! Thanks Maureen...can you forward it to my email so I can print it out and take it with me? Thanks..

              #27 budgetjamaicabride

              budgetjamaicabride
              • Member
              • 516 posts

                Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:04 PM

                Maureen! Can I have a copy of it too! beverlydotbrennerattx.rr.com

                Thanks. We never managed to get it in writing. I have it via phone, but not in writing. I have a relative with pro equip that is taking pics.

                #28 budgetjamaicabride

                budgetjamaicabride
                • Member
                • 516 posts

                  Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:07 PM

                  Melody and I will hold down the BRB review fort. No worries.

                  #29 Flasong

                  Flasong
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 340 posts

                    Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:51 PM

                    Yes we will...tomorrow is Bev's big day so I hope all goes smoothly. We leave Tuesday!! We will let you know how everything goes when we get back:)

                    #30 KJT1985

                    KJT1985
                    • Member
                    • 694 posts

                      Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:01 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Flasong
                      Yes we will...tomorrow is Bev's big day so I hope all goes smoothly. We leave Tuesday!! We will let you know how everything goes when we get back:)
                      YAY!!!! congrats!!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users