Photo

Help!! Can't decide between 2 dresses!!!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 SunnyCanadian

SunnyCanadian
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:19 AM

I have gone back FOUR times to try on each of these dresses and I'm STILL not 100% sure which one to order. The bridal shop called me today telling me I MUST make a decision ASAP as it will take 8 months to come in.

Dress #1 is Maggie Sottero Melissa Brooch
    The sample fit perfectly so its really easy for me to love this one but its pretty simple

Dress #2 is Maggie Sottero Jovi
    Now I do realize I'm no skinny-minny and this dress is kinda mermaid shaped but I really like it, especially the peekaboo tulle underneath. The sample though is 2 sizes too small so its hard to picture if the dress will flatter me in my size? Do you think I can pull it off?

Help ladies!! I'm leaning towards #2 Jovi but I'm hesitant because I don't know exactly how the dress will look in my size!

Please view my photobucket album to see pics:
    Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

#2 inspiredfyre

inspiredfyre
    • 304 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:33 AM

Definitely Dress #2! Interestingly, I went with the melissa brooch, but trying to save money for a 3rd ttd dress, I got a knock off of it online at inweddingdress.com. Well, it came out pretty awful, so I'm glad you're going with a real one! I say that the Melissa somewhat makes the bottom look too short on you? I even had that issue, because the bodice was so long on me. I know they custom make it for your body though. I am 5'9, though, so who knows. Theres always ways around that of course, and maybe it's the angle the pic was taken!

On the flipside, I LOVE dress two, because not only do i feel it gives you more of a nice curve, but mermaid shapes are really flattering to give that womanly hourglass feel! :)

Either way, good luck deciding! You'll look stunning in whatever you pick!

-Sharon

http://tickers.Ticke....744b/event.pnghttp://i665.photobuc....r-05-low-1.jpg

#3 kpuckrin

kpuckrin
      • 258 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:11 AM

I absolutely love #2 on you! The neckline and bodice of the dress suit you well. :)

#4 kpuckrin

kpuckrin
        • 258 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:13 AM

I absolutely love #2 on you! The neckline and bodice of the dress suit you well. :)

#5 adelaide

adelaide
          • 200 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:34 AM

I'm not sure! I think I like #1 the best - it really suits you and makes you look fantastic!

Good luck! Whatever you choose, it is going to look amazing!

#6 adelaide

adelaide
            • 200 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:35 AM

I'm not sure! I think I like #1 the best - it really suits you and makes you look fantastic!

Good luck! Whatever you choose, it is going to look amazing!

#7 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
              • 2,754 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:20 AM

I love #2. Jovi!

#8 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:42 AM

I must have looked at each dress 5 different times. I honestly think both of them look great on you, I love the back of dress #1 but I love the detail on dress #2. Sorry it's a toss up for me, but the cut and style of the dresses you choose is very flattering. Good luck :-)

#9 taugania

taugania
                  • 171 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:20 AM

I can see why you are having such a hard decision here. They both have their positives. I love the front of the second dress and the back of the first. I think you will be happy with either dress.
                    --Victoria--
                    http://taugania.blogspot.com/

http://global.thekno...rs/tt4808a.aspx***Bride, Groom and 18 guests booked***

#10 islandbride317

islandbride317
                    • 1,866 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:27 AM

Oooooh! This is a tough one....

Well, I gotta say that I truly feel that #2 is the right dress for you! And I know where you are coming from when you tried on the sample dress and it was a little too small! When I tried on my Sottero & Midgley, I was like, 'You want me to wear a what? A 6? I'm a lot of things, but a size 6 I AM NOT!' and they said, just to give it a shot, and sure enough, even though I am a street size 10/12, I was able to get enough of an idea of what it looked like to fall head over heels. YOU LOOKED BEAUTIFUL in both of them, but I just loved the cut of the second dress, and although dress #1 is lovely, I think 2 was just more special looking on you!

GOOD LUCK making your decision and CONGRATULATIONS on finding 2 gorgeous gowns (you can't go wrong either way!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users