Need to vent!!!!

amym567

We leave on Saturday, and there are so many things that are annoying me right now!!!!! First, my Grandpa was supposed to go, but Grandma is sick so he's staying home. So, my mom asked my aunt to go (mom had ins. on grandpa's trip, but had him booked as a double, so was still going to lose a lot of money). Anyway, go to get Aunt's passport today, because with new laws, she should be able to, they tell her it's too late- WTFhuh.gif The website says all those who "apply by September 30 only need to show proof of application". So, the travel agent calls my mom and leaves an e-mail "call me by 4:30, I have info for you, or call first thing Thurs. morning cuz I'm off tomorrow". Mom didn't get either message cuz she was helping sick grandma. So, now we're supposed to wait until Thurs. to see if she found a way aunt can go, who by-the-way would need to pack and get a dress by SATURDAY!!!!! Why did my travel agent not try to call me, or leave more details about her "info"!!!!! My travel agent is great, but mom is not a fan of hers right now (more to the story there).

Also, mom told me to print off brother and niece's proof of application- MY BROTHER'S IS NOT FOUND!!!!! His 6 week old daughter's is, but his isn't!!!! Mom's calling on that right now.

And, my groomsmen's pants- UGH!!!! I got all the guys' sizes and bought them so they'd be the same as Kevin's and our dads'. My brother and 1 groomsman have weird measurements I guess, so I get pants that are too short (32 instead of 34), and ask if they can wear them low cuz white linen shirts will be untucked and cover waistline). THEIR WASTE SIZES DIDN'T FIT!!!! So, just passed brother's onto groomsman, then had to go buy yet another pair of these darn pants for brother!!!

Please tell me things will be great when I get there!!!!

Thanks for listening!!!

Amy

aahhhhhhhh........don't worry about all these stuff......a stressed out bride won't be pretty. My husband's brother and family couldn't come to our wedding because they didn't get their passport too. When they first go to renew it, the postman said 10 weeks, after 11 weeeks and one week before my wedding they told me they still haven't rec'd it yet. Well, I told them to go to the passport office and show them the air tickets, but they didn't and the passports didn't come in time. I had to cancel all 4 air tickets and paid for the condo I rented for them in full 2 days before the wedding. Not to mention I got their daughter a flower girl dress and a basket of flower petals.

By the time I was in Cancun, I didn't let anything bother me. During the ceremony, it drizzle on and off which made taking pictures difficult but I just let everything go and center my attention to my husband and how great it is after more than 11 years together, I love him more now than when we first started.

hehehehhehehe

Oh Amy I'm sorry you're stressing right now :o( Yes things will be great when you get there! Trust me in the end none of this matters and whoever ends up there will be who was supposed to be there in the grand scheme of things. It is easy to get ticked off but every time the rage starts to surface breathe and remember what it's all about.

I had a few stressors myself. My dress didn't come in until 6 days before I left for Mexico - talk about speedy alterations! FI's shirt didn't arrive until 2 days before we left. Our best man, another gm, and a bm all bailed within days of the wedding. That bm's 2 kids were in the wedding and also bailed. These people's names were already printed on my programs too. But you know I couldn't care less who showed or what anyone was wearing because I knew FI would be there with me and that made the stress melt away. If I wasn't focused on the joy of marrying my best friend I would have cursed at least 6 people out...LOL

Know that it will all be okay and try to find time on your day to enjoy your day because it's over in the blink of an eye!

An update on my brother's passport- seems they have the last number of his SS# wrong! My mom called and they traced it, and that was the problem. Since he doesn't have to show his SS card, it will be OK this time. He should get his in the mail Thursday, and he doesn't leave until next Tuesday.

Jamy~ I can't believe all of those people bailed at the last minute! Kevin's brother told him yesterday that he's not going- My future in-laws are not happy with their son at all right now! He's known all this time and said he was going, but all of a sudden he's moving and getting a new job next week (which is true, but could've been scheduled differently!)! Good thing my brother and step-brother are in the wedding- Kevin is closer to them anyway, but he's still hurt.

Thanks for all the good thoughts!

Amy

• VIP Member

The way I like to think of it is, if you didn't have REAL things to worry about, you'd worry about the possibility of things. So you'd stress yourself out about things that COULD possibly go wrong. This way you have something else to divert your attention and when the day comes you will enjoy every minute of it! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post
The way I like to think of it is, if you didn't have REAL things to worry about, you'd worry about the possibility of things. So you'd stress yourself out about things that COULD possibly go wrong. This way you have something else to divert your attention and when the day comes you will enjoy every minute of it! :)
Good way to think about it!

Amy

I think the wedding gods love to stress brides out up to the very last minute and then sprinkle "it'll all work out" dust over everything because that's what has happened to me and everyone I know. Total stress with things going wrong, and the suddenly, those black clouds move away and everything works out just in time to keep the bride out of a psychiatric hospital!

Good luck with everything! Maybe your aunt can start looking for potential dresses now online for ideas (and for stores that would have them in stock) that way she doesn't have to spend time scouring the mall for one).