I want a redo on my legal day

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

• 164 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by estella1007
    We did the same exact thing. Well, actually nobody at all knows that we did the courthouse thing at all! ( We did it early for insurance purposes.)
    We talked about that but my company offers Domestic Partner insurance at the same rate as if we were married. We just had to meet a few basic requirements - joint checking account, joint mortgage, etc. That was a real lifesaver.

#12 *HOLLY*

• Banned
    • 3,639 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:51 PM

You will be fine! Trust me! Once your DW hits you will be glad you didnt have a "formal" courthouse wedding! For my FI and I we are doing the same thing as you. It will just be my FI, me, MOH, and BM. We will go get it done than have a bite to eat and do our own thing. We are going to celebrate our anniversary's on our DW day.!

#13 KarenM

• 1,920 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:50 PM

I totally agree with everyone else - no need to regret the way you did it. We're doing the same thing & keeping it casual. We look at the legal day as just paperwork. Your DW will be the real wedding & day you celebrate!

#14 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:01 PM

So many girls kept it as low key as possible. We did make a fun little day out of ours, but we wanted to celebrate with two friends who couldn't come to mexico. They were our witnesses. Still, it was nothing fancy & that is how I wanted it. We went to the courthouse & then out for mexican food.

Do you have to go back to pick up the certificate? I had to go back a few day later. You could possibly make an event out of that.

#15 Patti

• 555 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:05 PM

Don't worry. You'll be so excited at your DW and that's what you'll look back and remember the most.

#16 Ms325i

• 204 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:13 PM

We are doing the legal part beforehand as well..we see it as just a formality. As others have said the re-do is your DW!

#17 JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 12,193 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:57 PM

If you feel that you must do something to make your legal day special how about planning a nice, romantic evening out, with just you two.
                Like Morgan suggested you could always do that the day you pick up your certificate.
                I do agree though with the other ladies that your DW is going to be more memorable & special!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users