Photo

I want a redo on my legal day

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Jtswedding

Jtswedding
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:03 AM

I'm really sad that I didn't take my legal day more seriously. I was in normal cloths and so was FI. He took the morning off of work after we went to the court house waited in line, got married, kissed and went to the dounkin donuts around the corner, then went on about our day.

This is the way I wanted it because I wanted our "real" wedding to be the only one that was important. Now it makes me sad that we didn't celebrate at all. It feels to anticlimactic.

Anyone think of a cute "redo" idea

#2 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
    • 5,521 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:17 AM

Hey there! Im thinking your DW is going to be the climax. You really want the DW tobe your "wedding day". and that is why you didnt make a big deal of the legal day. Because the big day is yet to come! Hope that helps a little! :)

#3 inspiredfyre

inspiredfyre
      • 304 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:26 AM

I wouldn't worry about not celebrating, because you're not just going to have your dw, but your HONEYMOON! yay! You'll have a whole week to celebrate, and you'll feel so much better once that big day comes around!

:)

-Sharon

http://tickers.Ticke....744b/event.pnghttp://i665.photobuc....r-05-low-1.jpg

#4 Sloan

Sloan
        • 1,279 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:59 PM

A cute re-do idea is your DW! Isnt that the point? That will be the day that matters and the day (week) you get to celebrate!

#5 Sloan

Sloan
          • 1,279 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:00 PM

A cute re-do idea is your DW! Isnt that the point? That will be the day that matters and the day (week) you get to celebrate!

#6 Jess

Jess
            • 4,455 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:09 PM

yeah don't worry about it - this will just make your destination wedding that much more real!

#7 Flasong

Flasong
              • 340 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:54 AM

I agree with everyone else! The DW will be your big WOW factor.

#8 estella1007

estella1007
                • 475 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 12:02 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jtswedding
                  I'm really sad that I didn't take my legal day more seriously. I was in normal cloths and so was FI. He took the morning off of work after we went to the court house waited in line, got married, kissed and went to the dounkin donuts around the corner, then went on about our day.

This is the way I wanted it because I wanted our "real" wedding to be the only one that was important. Now it makes me sad that we didn't celebrate at all. It feels to anticlimactic.

Anyone think of a cute "redo" idea
                  Don't feel bad about that. We did the same exact thing. Well, actually nobody at all knows that we did the courthouse thing at all! ( We did it early for insurance purposes.) We did it like you did because we wanted to make sure it didn't feel like a wedding at all. That way it wouldn't take away from the real wedding. I bet that once you have your actual wedding, you won't regret your decision.

#9 KRama

KRama
                  • 421 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 12:30 PM

I agree with everyone as well! Your REAL wedding day is your destination date! We plan on doing the exact same thing. We want to keep it super informal. It's just the "paperwork" wedding. We're planning on taking our parents out for dinner and having the JP show up and marry us right there at our table!

#10 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
                    • 1,326 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 12:35 PM

I agree with everyone your total redo is your DW :) !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users