Photo

Can you buy Marachas in Playa??

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 amerssnorts18

amerssnorts18
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:32 PM

Thanks ladies for all of your replies. I figured you could find them in Mexico I just don't want to get there and be stressed about it. I did find a website its from Puerto Vallerta and they said they ship the maracas to the resort, I just have not looked into the costs yet. I am thinking I will probably order them a head of time so that I don't worry. I like the one site sent, but I would like to pick out the colors for the marachas and I am sure not crafty enough to make my own but that is such a great idea, maybe I can find a crafty friend. The website I found is mishkadesignspv.com, which I found on here awhile ago. I just love the look of the marachas on the reception tables and I also like the idea of shake for a kiss!!

#12 poohshek

poohshek
    • 1,456 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:52 AM

We were in Playa del Carmen for 8 days back in December 2008. There were several souvenir shops along 5th Avenue that sells maracas in various colors (green/white/yellow/red/blue/orange/purple) and it was $1 a piece. The maracas also has "Playa del Carmen, Mexico" painted on them too.

#13 Cancun Studios

Cancun Studios
      • Vendor
      • 32 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 12:17 PM

Try Party supplies, crafts, party decorations, toys: Oriental Trading they have great prices for everything you can think of.

#14 t&kJanuary2010

t&kJanuary2010
        • 196 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 12:33 PM

I am wondering if buying there in Playa del Carmen is cheaper in the end. I am going to have to pay for an extra bag at $35-50 per bag to haul all this stuff on the airplane. Maybe if I brought the ribbon and pre-made tags for "shake for a kiss" my BM can help me attach when we get to MX.

#15 svetayasofiya

svetayasofiya
          • 590 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:40 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by amerssnorts18
            The website I found is mishkadesignspv.com, which I found on here awhile ago. I just love the look of the marachas on the reception tables and I also like the idea of shake for a kiss!!
            Their maracas are absolutely stunning! Do you have any idea how much they are? I love them!!

#16 poohshek

poohshek
            • 1,456 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:08 PM

I am planning to pick up about 30 maracas after we check into the hotel in Playa del Carmen and put the tags/ribbons on. It should not take that long.
              I am wondering if buying there in Playa del Carmen is cheaper in the end. I am going to have to pay for an extra bag at $35-50 per bag to haul all this stuff on the airplane. Maybe if I brought the ribbon and pre-made tags for "shake for a kiss" my BM can help me attach when we get to MX.

#17 LDeeken

LDeeken
              • 200 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:30 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ChelseaRose
                I love this idea, and i love that you can paint them yourself (or buy the colored ones)!! Thanks for sharing.

I think if you really wanted to, you could only provide one per guest, otherwise it would get a little more expense i guess....i was thinking about having them shake the maraca's to have the bride and groom kiss instead of using their silverware on their glasses.

That is such a fun idea!! I may have to consider that!

#18 jennie.lewis

jennie.lewis
                • 22 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:34 PM

I just got back from Playa del Carmen yesterday. We found Marachas all along 5th avenue and they were all under $3 bucks. We bought ours for $1 at one of the stores there so you should really wait and buy them there.
                  Jennie Lewis
                  May 8th 2010 -The Royal - Playa del Carmen

#19 DRod0214

DRod0214
                  • 173 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:23 PM

i too am going to go to 5th ave, i definatly think they will be cheaper.
                    Diane

#20 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
                    • 365 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:37 PM

I have sent a request for pricing, time requirments, and shipping details to mishka designs in PV. They were so nice looking! (If I was at all crafty, I would do the "paint them myself project" but I know I would just get irritated!)

I will be sure to share whatever info. I get back from them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users