Photo

Can you buy Marachas in Playa??

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 amerssnorts18

amerssnorts18
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:02 AM

So, I am wanting to have marachas for the wedding favors and I am wondering if anyone has used this idea and if, so should I pre order them online or buy them in playa del carmen 6th Ave?? Any thoughts?

#2 Cancun Studios

Cancun Studios
    • Vendor
    • 32 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:11 PM

Marachas are a great idea for fun favors. We have seen them at many weddings. Although you will find them here in Playa, I would recommend ordering them online to save $$$$.

Best wishes!!!!!

#3 svetayasofiya

svetayasofiya
      • 590 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:44 PM

If you can't buy Maracas in Mexico then there is a problem, LOL

If someone can point me in the direction of a website that sells them in bulk and for cheap please do so! Anywhere I see they are $10 USD a pop and up, so buying in Mexico to me would be waaaaaay cheaper.

#4 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
        • 1,114 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:57 PM

I got this site from another gal on here: Amols' Specialty - Catalog - Traditional Maracas

The only thing is, you cannot pick your colors, they are assorted. I have also heard that someone found them on 5th Ave in Playa for cheap, and they didn't have to cart them around! I'm not sure what I'm doing yet!!
          Married to my BEST FRIEND!
          July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
          Non-Pro Pics:
          http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
          Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#5 cbell

cbell
          • 475 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:00 PM

I just ordered some from this site:

Discount School Supply - Decorate Your Own Wooden Maracas - Set of 12

I'm going to paint them white or ivory and just stamp them with a starfish stamp and attach a ribbon to the handle. I wasn't expecting anyone to keep them as a souvenir, just a fun decoration for the table and something for them to shake. And I can see my friends and family not remembering to take them back to the room so I definitely wasn't going to pay a lot.

#6 svetayasofiya

svetayasofiya
            • 590 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:27 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by LadyTrunck
              I got this site from another gal on here: Amols' Specialty - Catalog - Traditional Maracas

The only thing is, you cannot pick your colors, they are assorted. I have also heard that someone found them on 5th Ave in Playa for cheap, and they didn't have to cart them around! I'm not sure what I'm doing yet!!
              I am not sure you can get much cheaper than that! They are super cute too! I don't mind that they are assorted colours. Adds to the tropical theme and I don't really have a 'colour scheme'. I want to use them as table favours and place cards all at the same time. I just don't know how easy it would be to cart down 40 maracas... and is it ok to just give each guest one, as opposed to a pair?

#7 ChelseaRose

ChelseaRose
              • 139 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:54 PM

I love this idea, and i love that you can paint them yourself (or buy the colored ones)!! Thanks for sharing.

I think if you really wanted to, you could only provide one per guest, otherwise it would get a little more expense i guess....i was thinking about having them shake the maraca's to have the bride and groom kiss instead of using their silverware on their glasses.

#8 DJMannia

DJMannia
                • Vendor
                • 149 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 05:10 PM

Hi Amerssnorts18,

There is a market down in Cancun where you can get the Maracas for 3 Usd a pair,

Congratulations!!!!
                  MANNIA DJ SERVICES

#9 shellk

shellk
                  • 1,784 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:01 PM

ladies,
                    there are lots of threads for this.you can defo get them in playa on 6th avenue.i have been told they are everywhere

#10 svetayasofiya

svetayasofiya
                    • 590 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:16 PM

Yeah but these are cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeap and who needs the stress of having to go buy your wedding favours days before your wedding? I know I don't. *Will be placing order very soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users