Ball gown too hot for Mexico??

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 atalanta

• 326 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:02 PM

Thanks, Kellygrrrl!

That's just what I needed to read. Your wedding is a couple of months before me. I'd love to hear how it goes afterwords.

#12 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:24 PM

My dress is a ballgown with a full skirt.  I found they were cooler as the layers were away from my body.  There was also a layer of cool material that was against my skin (not sure what material) and it made it seem cooler.  I imagine I will be hot in no matter what I wear so I went with the dress I loved!

#13 xtenna

• 154 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:05 AM

I will be wearing the Maggie "Rhianna Royal"...its pretty big & the wedding is in June BUT I'll live, it's the most beautiful gown I tried on

June 3, 2011 Cabo San Lucas

#14 tsc2012

• 25 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:40 PM

xtenna - congrats on the wedding! just wondering how your big day went, and your feedback on whether you were hot or not in your dress.

#15 BooBoo

• 40 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:24 AM

My dress is heavy too and I'm worried that I'll roast inside it... but I'm going through with it anyway.  

Good luck to everyone who's in the same boat!

#16 futuremrstgun

• 995 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:40 AM

wear it then change into something slinky and carefree for the reception..that way you get the best of both worlds.

good luck and happy planning!!!

#17 meBonidie2be

• 402 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:06 AM

Women all the time sacrifice comfort for fashion. I myself am not one of those ppl so i chose a very light weight gown. However! The dress you chose is insanely gorgeous. DO what makes you happy. I would suggest bringing a dress that could be the replacement if it is too unbearable. I have never been to this location so it's hard for me to comment on the weather but i have a tenency to plan for the worst. Good luck!

#18 heavenone

• 169 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:07 AM

I agree -- wear what you love and bring a lighter cocktail dress or slinky little number to change in to!  When else will you have an opportunity to wear a ballgown?? ;)

#19 meBonidie2be

• 402 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:20 AM

Tru.... I wish i had an excuse to wear my princess prom gown again. lol

#20 AfricanVenus

• 328 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:37 AM

Depends on the time of year and time of day. You can do a change of dress or settle into air-conditioned digs at your resort/villa for the reception. My dress had some tulle underneath and it made me sweat in places I didn't know I could sweat. However, that was only for the ceremony. I was fine for the reception since it was indoors.

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
                    Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users