Photo

Never received an order from a seller :-(

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Chicken764

Chicken764
  • 197 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:15 AM

I don't know what to do, maybe one of you can help.

I purchased some Spanish Books from a Bride on this Thread on July 22nd and haven't received it yet. (It's been 2 months) I tried contacting her and sent her numerous emails with no responses. I paid for those books and really needed them. What should I do?

#2 Tam

Tam
    • 551 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:41 AM

That's a tough one... do you have any recourse through paypal?? assuming that'a how you paid her?
      Or, can any of the administrators/moderators?
      That's always a problem with sending money to a stranger...there is a great level of trust and it's sad to think someone would scam another person (especially a fellow DB).
      Good luck and keep us posted...

#3 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:45 AM

I don't think there is any recourse thru Paypal unless she invoiced you. I think that Paypal only protects itself that way. If you do the "send money" option, I think there is nothing they can do. However, that wouldn't stop me from filing a complaint with Paypal. Perhaps they would revoke that persons membership or something. I would start there and perhaps they can give you further steps that you can take.

Is this person still an active member of the forum?

#4 lolosmama

lolosmama
        • 232 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:12 AM

I'm sorry, that stinks I hope you paid with PayPal and they can help you in some way.

#5 KJT1985

KJT1985
          • 694 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:28 PM

Paypal reimbursements are only allowed if you file a claim within 45 days of purchase so you're pretty much out of luck unless she decides to come around. Sucks that this could happen here. Sorry!

#6 KJT1985

KJT1985
            • 694 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:28 PM

Also, I think you should post her username (if that's allowed) so everybody knows not to buy from her (assuming she's still active).

#7 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:32 PM

She is not active and has been banned from the forum. (Although she hasn't been on since July.)

#8 Chicken764

Chicken764
                • 197 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:40 PM

I didn't want to create any problem for that user, it really wasn't my intention. The money I sent her was really minimal and it's not a big deal, but I really wanted those books.
                  I just hope nothing bad happened to her to make her not being able to send me the books.

#9 CarlyChristine

CarlyChristine
                  • 160 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:51 PM

I'm sorry! That really stinks!

#10 finzup

finzup
                    • 468 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:57 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Chicken764
                      I don't know what to do, maybe one of you can help.

I purchased some Spanish Books from a Bride on this Thread on July 22nd and haven't received it yet. (It's been 2 months) I tried contacting her and sent her numerous emails with no responses. I paid for those books and really needed them. What should I do?
                      File a claim with paypal asap. You only have 45 days to file a claim so hopefully it has been less than 45 days.

If you file with paypal and it has been < 45 days you will "win" and you will get your money back.

Also maybe post which seller so nobody else buys something from them and as someone suggested, alert the mods.

-Katie
                      Have you met Alice?
                      http://tickers.Ticke....eXf/weight.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users