Sign in to follow this  
nursebride

Morning Weddings

Hello Destination Brides,

I wasn't sure where to put this but I was wondering if anyone else is having a morning wedding? My wedding is at 10:30 in the morning with a full Catholic mass which is around an hour and a half (St Peter's Basilica only allow morning weddings). Anyway, I was wondering if any of you have had a morning wedding and then a dinner reception? What did you do in that time after the wedding ceremony? I am interested in hearing your experiences! :)

Hello and welcome to the forum, honestly I can't say if we have many brides on here that had a morning wedding. But honestly I don't think the time of day really makes much of a difference, yeah the sun is really harsh around noon, but there are ways to work around that. As far as activities between the wedding and reception, how about a cruise or some other activity?

I had a morning ceremony. We had an informal brunch at one of the houses we had rented, and then a scavenger hunt. Then people went out on their own and enjoyed the day. We also scheduled a cooking class in the afternoon for those that wanted something to do.