Photo

Real touch flower Brides, happy with your choice?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 blumenthale

blumenthale
  • 242 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:46 PM

I never thought about fake flowers until I started reading about them here. Are they nice? Do they smell, is that a dumb question. Are they heavy?

#2 CarlyChristine

CarlyChristine
    • 160 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:25 PM

I've been wondering about these too...

#3 ddiinnyyeell

ddiinnyyeell
      • 226 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:34 PM

This is a good question. I just ordered real touch flowers for my bridesmaids because the bouquets at my resorts are so overpriced. If you don't get a response, I'll be sure to let you know how mine turn out!
        Danielle & John
        Aventura Spa Palace
        October 30, 2009

Wedding Photos By Bella Luce Photography

#4 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
        • 547 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:47 PM

I'd love to know too! I am thinking about them for my bridesmaids bouquets!
          *~*JENN*~*

#5 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
          • 475 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:22 PM

I used a real touch bouquet for my flowers, my bridesmaids and the mother's corsages. I would say the weight was on par with real flowers or a little lighter. No, they did not smell. They looked great and I was thrilled with my decision. I have my bridal bouquet sitting on the dresser in our bedroom (the colors match perfectly - by fluke). My photographers thought they were real, and my MIL thought it was real.
            Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#6 Meyer2010

Meyer2010
            • 429 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:17 AM

The more and more I read about these "real touch" flowers the more and more I want them!!! I mean what would I do with a real bouquet? I could enjoy it for 1.5 days and then it would die.
              Why not have something that lasts forever!!?

Oh decisions..decisions..decisions!!! :-)

#7 Karen_and_Andy

Karen_and_Andy
              • 23 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:25 PM

The florist we booked for our artificial flowers said that we could have the bouquets and flowers scented if we wanted so that is an option. She said she leaves them unscented for people with allergies though. We're using a company in the Michigan called Something Spectacular. A friend in NY used the same company for her wedding a few months ago and they looked so real that we didn't even know they weren't until she gave me her bouquet to hold and I noticed that the stems weren't wet and slimey. From what I remember, her bouquet was pretty large but it didn't seem heavy.

Hope that helps. I'm new here and just starting to plan a small wedding in Arizona. We have only booked our hotel and florist so far so I can only comment on those things until I have experience with more.

#8 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,504 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:35 PM

No, my flowers didn't smell. They were lighter than a real bouquet, but this probably depends on your flower choice. Roses are heavy! LOL

Everyone thought they were real. I loved having them because they didn't wilt in the heat or turn brown and crusty. I have my bouquet and a BM bouquet on a shelf in my office on each side of our wedding picture.

They were really easy to transport. I wrapped them in bubble wrap and tissue paper. They fluffed right up!

The link to pics is in my siggy.

#9 Meyer2010

Meyer2010
                  • 429 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:48 PM

My FI is still on the fence with having "real touch" flowers. I think he thinks they are the old "silk" kind and that they will look terrible!

I want these flowers so bad!

#10 nicitica

nicitica
                    • 186 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:56 PM

Wow.. I love the idea. I am concerned a bit about adding another item to trasport. Are they indestructable??
                      Akumal, Mexico 05.29.10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users