Photo

How to make "Gracias" Tag

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jetsbride

jetsbride
  • 794 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:54 PM

I really want to make "gracias" tags like the one in the attached thread but I have no idea how to. I am not very crafty but I am trying to learn. Could someone please point me in the right direction.

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t41444

Thanks!

#2 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,328 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:20 PM

next time you should probably reply to the thread or pm that actual bride instead of making a new thread for this. however, it looks pretty straight forward. from what i can tell, they printed gracias onto some kind of white paper (probably a cardstock), cut it into diamonds, and then glued it onto a green cardstock for a backing. then just punch a hole in it and use a ribbon. not complicated. you could also google something like hangtag template to get the word doc template to make cutting the diamonds easier.

#3 bride2010

bride2010
      • 424 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:29 PM

Hi. I got a template for a similar shaped tag from another bride from the forum (I honestly forgot who it was so I'm sorry that I'm not able to give her credit for it). I will attach it for you. Although it is not exactly like the one in the picture, I'm sure you'll be able to customize it to whatever you'd like it to have. Hope it helps!
        http://i817.photobuc....ogotest1-3.jpg
        26 Booked + Bride & Groom
        "Before the light I will rescue, and then we'll begin to start it all over again" ...pete murrayHappily married to my best friend...

#4 bride2010

bride2010
        • 424 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:31 PM

Sorry, I'm having trouble attaching the file. I'll figure it out and post shortly.
          http://i817.photobuc....ogotest1-3.jpg
          26 Booked + Bride & Groom
          "Before the light I will rescue, and then we'll begin to start it all over again" ...pete murrayHappily married to my best friend...

#5 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
          • 2,754 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:42 PM

I posted an OOT bag tag template that was diamond shaped. You could probably use the outlines.

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t47445

#6 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
            • 573 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:31 AM

I made similar tags for packages in my OOT bag. I used the print shop program, and used one of the label templates. After making several adjust and printing (in grayscale) several times I was able to get them where I wanted them. I used a slicer to cut the tags and then stuck them on to their backing and cut them again. First into strips then into diamonds/squares.

#7 jetsbride

jetsbride
              • 794 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:58 AM

Thanks for posting yur tags Ginalyn, I had done a search and did not see that. Thanks again!

#8 J&MWedding

J&MWedding
                • 612 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:47 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jetsbride
                  Thanks for posting yur tags Ginalyn, I had done a search and did not see that. Thanks again!

If you end up in a jam and just don't feel like making them yourself, I used Sticker Doodles on Etsy for my "Gracias" tags. Instead of purchasing their tags (which were more expensive) I purchased a sheet of 20 stickers (it was $6 for every 20 and shipping was only $2) and then my FMIL put those stickers on cardstock and cut them out. It was worth it for me at least.
                  I also got tags that said "Thanks for shaking up our party!" that have maracas on them and I'm going to tie them on the maracas we are giving for favors.
                  ~jill~

http://tickers.Ticke....56d6/event.png
                  My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#9 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:41 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by katrina
                  next time you should probably reply to the thread or pm that actual bride instead of making a new thread for this. however, it looks pretty straight forward. from what i can tell, they printed gracias onto some kind of white paper (probably a cardstock), cut it into diamonds, and then glued it onto a green cardstock for a backing. then just punch a hole in it and use a ribbon. not complicated. you could also google something like hangtag template to get the word doc template to make cutting the diamonds easier.

katrina is correct. instead of making a new thread about the tags you posted it would have been better to have posted in the original thread. you may want to view the "posting and you" video as well as the forum FAQ in my siggy to help navigate the forum better.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users