Photo

Wedding Favor Dilemma

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 meldal101010

meldal101010
  • 444 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:52 PM

I'm planning on getting personalized bottles of hot sauce as wedding favors and was wondering if i would even be allowed to bring these into Mexico. I'm flying from Canada to Mexico....

Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring these in as luggage stored under the plane. Of course, they won't be opened.

Thanks!!

#2 blumenthale

blumenthale
    • 242 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:58 PM

I don't think you should risk it. I think you are only allowed 3 oz bottles of personal products in your carry ons. Check with your airline. Maybe you can bring it in the checked bags. Myabe you could print the labels at home then buy hotsauce in Mexico.

#3 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
      • 600 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:34 PM

You could check them, but how about picking them up down there and just taking your labels down?

#4 meldal101010

meldal101010
        • 444 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:51 PM

Good idea!

That makes more sense. I also wouldn't want them to break in my luggage and have hot sauce covering everything. I'm definitley going to bring labels and buy bottles down there.

Thanks!!

#5 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
          • 600 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:39 PM

Do you have a wc to help you put them together? I have a friend who you might have someone that you could hire so that it's already done when you get there. It would be nice to not have to worry about that while you were on your vacation.

#6 wilsoml2

wilsoml2
            • 299 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:50 PM

Well, as long as it was checked I don't think it'd be a problem. I've brought lotion and hair products in large bottles and I didn't have any issues. I agree that it'd probably be easier to print the labels at home and buy the bottles there!

#7 Brooklyn Carolina

Brooklyn Carolina
              • 94 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:07 AM

As long as your luggage is checked it should not be an issue. You will not be able to have it in your carry on. The other safer option is to ship....
                Carolina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users