Photo

Stressed

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:10 AM

Wow i'm so sorry you have to go thru this! I stayed at Sun Village back in March 2007 but it looks like they updated a lot. You should also check out La Romana area as well. Best of luck

#12 Tam

Tam
    • 551 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:04 AM

My vote is for Dreams Punta Cana...I have heard really good things, the WC is great with getting back to you fairly promptly and I am biased as that's where I am having my wedding!!

#13 lrdavis23

lrdavis23
      • 876 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:31 AM

I am soo sorry to hear what happened to you, I am getting married in PC too and my top resorts based on travel rates, reputation, and pricing would be Dreams Punta Cana (where I'm getting married) Dreams Palm Beach, and Paradisus Punta Cana, and I hear the Majestic is gorgoues as well. But overall I think most of the resorts in PC are probably great and there are soo many options to choose from.
        Married June 18, 2010 @ Dreams Punta Cana

#14 BrideMichele

BrideMichele
        • 247 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:14 AM

My vote is for the Majestic Colonial or Majestic Elegance. That is where I am getting married. I have seen such fabulous pics of the resort!

#15 Outdoor_girl1010

Outdoor_girl1010
          • 657 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:24 PM

I think its all on what you are trying to spend. I am getting married at Paradisus Palma Real. This resort just has much to offer. I will be spending 8 days there. You have to check out this resort.
            Cory & Jennifer
            March 13, 2010Punta Cana D.R.!!http://i150.photobuc....3/IMG_6740.jpg

#16 CarlyChristine

CarlyChristine
            • 160 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:17 PM

Oh wow. I'm so sorry this is happening... At least you got to pull your invites. Goodluck finding a new place!

#17 bearbunny

bearbunny
              • 183 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:37 PM

You poor thing! That is terrible but you will find a great place before you know it and lucky you were able to pull the invites. All the resorts everyone has recommended are fantastic in punta cana. Also you can look into La Romana - there is a brand new dreams resort there. I may actually have some of the package prices..if I do I will pm you with them. BEST OF LUCK...it will all work out!

#18 marih623

marih623
                • 8 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:34 PM

Thanks to all for your messages and support. Just to update you I have been in touch with Paradisus Punta Cana and I am in love...what a beautiful place. I think that's the place. Still trying to get a quote from Dreams don't know why they are taking so long. I am having approx 75 ppl so we will see what happens. Gets kind of expensive...but hey its worth it!
                  Sunrise in Santorini where I got engaged

#19 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
                  • 2,528 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:15 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by marih623
                    Thanks to all for your messages and support. Just to update you I have been in touch with Paradisus Punta Cana and I am in love...what a beautiful place. I think that's the place. Still trying to get a quote from Dreams don't know why they are taking so long. I am having approx 75 ppl so we will see what happens. Gets kind of expensive...but hey its worth it!
                    Sometimes it is quicker to do it through a TA... Dreams has a lot of information about their wedding packages on their site if you are looking to quote that! I don't understand either to be honest, Deyanira (my WC there) is always very quick when she is in the office. If she isn't, it sends me a msg saying she isnt there and when she will be back. Wait and see what happens! We will all be waiting to see how you make out :)
                    Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#20 karenk77

karenk77
                    • 369 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:50 PM

OMG that sucks that it closed..then again everything happens for a reason
                      look into majestic elegance..i went in the summer and fell in love with it, people had told me about it but the pics online didnt impress me so when we went to look we were checked out riu palace, majestic and were going to look at paradisus but we liked the majestic so much we booked it on the spot, paradisus is pricier then again if you love it go with it because people will complain no matter what lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users