Photo

For those of you who addressed your invitations by hand...

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 jawedding

jawedding
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 11:00 PM

address them on address labels.. even if you're doing it by hand.. that way mistakes aren't a big deal..
    33 People Booked!!

#12 jk1101

jk1101
    • 2,582 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:34 AM

I ended up drawing pencil lines on the envelopes and erasing them after I wrote them out. I think they came out fine. I can't worry about things like that. I'm just happy their finished!

#13 allyson779

allyson779
      • 238 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:09 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by autjo
        I am too OCD to address things by hand so I downloaded a a script font from dafont.com and ran the envelopes through my printer. I actually had several people ask me who nad addressed my invites. I laughed because I thought they were kidding but they seriously thought the addresses were hand written - lol!

Sorry this doesn't help you, but good luck with the invites!!
        Thanks so much for the website... I have been going crazy looking for this one font called Chopin Script and dafont.com had it....For FREE!!!
        Thanks again =)
        Bride & Groom plus 86 booked!!!

#14 Jtswedding

Jtswedding
        • 255 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:15 PM

We did all 134 of ours ourselves we had planed to run them thought the printer but it didn't like our envelopes. We bought calligraphy pens from paper source, They make certain parts of the line thicker than the others depending on how you write so it loos like calligraphy and we just wrote carefully. The all turned out pretty nicely there was one or two I didn't like but it was just me being ocd,

#15 KarenM

KarenM
          • 1,920 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:45 AM

I did ours myself. Years ago I bought calligraphy sets and learned how to do it fairly well and I only had like 40 to send out so it wasn't bad.
            Even if you don't really know how to do calligraphy, just writing with calligraphy (fine-tip) markers or pens dresses up your own handwriting b/c of the way the tip is slanted (like Jt mentioned). I'd recommend practicing a little, but it's really not hard.

#16 *Lo*

*Lo*
            • 2,993 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:52 AM

I just addressed 60 save the date envelopes myself. Fun stuff. I just got a really nice black pen/marker thing and went to town. I have neat writing and I did a practice one first and figured out how to line stuff up so it's symmetrical. I think they look pretty good, but for some reason I am not too concerned with this stuff. Most people just throw the envelope out anyway.

#17 *Lo*

*Lo*
              • 2,993 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:53 AM

But now that I think about it for formal invites I may run them through a printer. Save the dates are a little less formal.

#18 crsperanza

crsperanza
                • 161 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:55 PM

Like you, I am way too OCD to address envelopes! Thanks you so much for this recommendation and the website is awesome for fonts. I found exactly what I was looking for.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by autjo
                  I am too OCD to address things by hand so I downloaded a a script font from dafont.com and ran the envelopes through my printer. I actually had several people ask me who nad addressed my invites. I laughed because I thought they were kidding but they seriously thought the addresses were hand written - lol!

Sorry this doesn't help you, but good luck with the invites!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users