Photo

DIY Raffia Fans for Ceremony Program

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#11 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
  • 997 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:11 PM

So I order the Rackcards from VISTA, 50 for free, and designed them to be the programs for the ceremony fans. I've got Pink and Orange Ribbon we are going to use to make them....I'll post pics once I finish!

#12 Laur13

Laur13
    • 179 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:53 AM

so sorry to hear

#13 MrsArena2010

MrsArena2010
      • 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:36 PM

I attempted my first one today, They had programs for sale at Michael's today. I haven't actually printed my programs yet so this is just using the sample one in the package.

Click the image to open in full size.

I think it may just need a ribbon tied around the top.

#14 Laur13

Laur13
        • 179 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:54 PM

wow! they look awesome! thanks for the inspiration :)

#15 sorord1

sorord1
          • 240 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:11 PM

I love the program fan idea. I have been searching the web trying to find out where to order the fan programs. It seems like it would be a simple DIY project to take on. The site I found fans with programs attached to them was like $6/each.

#16 pinayflava

pinayflava
            • 193 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:34 PM

i am also doing ceremony fans and printed out ceremony programs using the rack cards with vista print. with the size of my raffia fans the rack card size was perfect. how did everyone stick the program to the fan? did you use a glue gun or did you punch a hole and used ribbon somehow? thanks

#17 tiffaneyh

tiffaneyh
              • 151 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:50 PM

I'm so sorry you got sick. That is so disappointing! Thanks for the great idea though.
                Tiffaney

Dreams Puerto Vallarta
                October 21, 2010

#18 skadow

skadow
                • Banned
                • 1,853 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:58 PM

I'm so sorry about getting sick, however your fans look so beautiful.

#19 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
                  • 997 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:25 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by pinayflava
                    i am also doing ceremony fans and printed out ceremony programs using the rack cards with vista print. with the size of my raffia fans the rack card size was perfect. how did everyone stick the program to the fan? did you use a glue gun or did you punch a hole and used ribbon somehow? thanks
                    I'm planning on using ribbon rather than glue and then people can remove the programs later. Glad to hear that the Rack cards fit perfectly...I was really just guessing on the size...in fact I left a blank space at the bottom just incase.

Don't forget to post pictures once you're done! I will be posting soon...my fans and programs are enroute!

#20 MrsArena2010

MrsArena2010
                    • 8 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:27 AM

On the fans that I have there are small gaps where the fan meets the handle so I just threaded the ribbon through so people can always remove them. The programs I got from mihcaels were originally 24.99, but I was able to use the 30% off wedding and the 40% off one item. I only paid about $11 for 40 programs precut with ribbon! Then the fans i have been buying off other brides here and craigslist! I know I paid less then $6 per fan to do this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users