• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
  • 573 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:34 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChelseaRose
    There's a really old tradition that you should get married when the second hand of the clock is going upwards. It represents you and your husband working upwards to make your marriage stronger. When the second hand is heading downward, it is considered bad luck!
    I think I am getting married at 3 o'clock! What does that mean?!? LOL

#12 krayzeekitty

krayzeekitty
    • 199 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:07 PM

There is a tradition to save the top layer of your wedding cake and eat it on your 1st year anniversary --ewww
      http://tickers.Ticke....05c0/event.png

Looking to share photographer week of January 16, 2010 Holguin, Cuba

#13 CarlyChristine

CarlyChristine
      • 160 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:34 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by krayzeekitty
        There is a tradition to save the top layer of your wedding cake and eat it on your 1st year anniversary --ewww
        Haha. I've heard that the cake taste just like it did on the wedding day when you do this. I'm not so sure...

#14 Brooklyn Carolina

Brooklyn Carolina
        • 94 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:12 AM

Wow, there seem to be a lot of these...I am sure that I will encounter at least a couple!
          Carolina

#15 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
          • 547 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:33 AM

What is everyone doing about not spending the night together before the wedding? My mom is pretty big on this tradition, even though I live with my FI, but since our wedding isn't until 4pm, its not like I won't see him around the resort!!!
            *~*JENN*~*

#16 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
            • 5,466 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:40 AM

I am pretty sure FI and I will just stay together the night before. I dont really believe in superstitions. If thats going to be the doom of my marriage than I think there are bigger problems!!

I also heard if your single and try on someones engagement ring its bad luck??

#17 krayzeekitty

krayzeekitty
              • 199 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:46 PM

We are staying together the night before - I am pretty excited to wake up with each other and share the excitement that 'today is our day'. You could always stay with your parents or bridesmaides the night before?

I have heard that it is bad luck to try on other peoples engagement rings......
                http://tickers.Ticke....05c0/event.png

Looking to share photographer week of January 16, 2010 Holguin, Cuba

#18 LowcountryGirl

LowcountryGirl
                • 153 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:34 PM

Something Old. This stands as a tangible bridge between the bride’s past with her family and the new life she’s about to begin. Heirloom jewelry, passed down wedding gowns, and handkerchiefs are customarily used.

Something New. Whatever the something new is, it represents the hopes of good fortune and a prosperous future for the couple in their new life together.

Something Borrowed. The borrowing is meant to signify the necessity of family and friends to the happiness of the newly married couple. The borrowed item should come from a happily married woman since it is meant to transfer some of her own marital harmony and good fortune.

Something Blue. Blue represents faithfulness, loyalty and purity. In biblical times, both the bride and the groom would trim the border of their wedding clothes in blue denoting humility and devotion. Today, the garter tends to be chosen as the blue item.

#19 lily17bear

lily17bear
                  • 217 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:18 PM

bad luck when it rains. and that would be worse given that most of our weddings here at the forum would be outside.

i'm making my FI sleep in someone else's room the night before. not breaking tradition. :-)

#20 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
                    • 2,528 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:53 PM

At Dreams PC, they give the groom a complimentary room the night before if something is available... so we will not see each other the night before or the day of!! As well, he will not see my wedding dress, and I am doing the 4 "somethings"... but other than that we aren't following others :)
                      Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users