Catholic chapels& Xcaret wedding break through!!!

I found an awesome wedding coordinator who speaks English and she can get better deals for you if you want to have your wedding in Xcaret. They give her concessions where she can take her own musicians and what not. That is a major help because Xcaret wont let you take your own musicians you have to use the ones hired by the park. Their dj alone cost almost 2k if you want to have him at your after party. And their mariachi costs 2600. Every thing is such a rip off there. The good thing is since she is an independent wedding coordinator, and she has worked with them for 10 years they allow her a few concessions. I talked to her last night and she sent me a quote at 8 am today. She covered every single aspect even the transportation for every one to and from Xcaret with the option of having a van to drop people off at their hotels should they need to leave early because of kids or elderly guests that feel tired.

She also mentioned that she has a private beach (playa del secroto) with a catholic chapel on the beach. She sent me the prices this morning and they are really reasonable. The plus side getting married on a private beach than in a resort is that a resort has time limitations for noise and party length. Having your party on this private beach you don't have to worry and you can make it last longer. If you contact her please tell her that Mireya referred you. Or else she going to wonder how a random stranger got her number.

her email :doves@weddingsincancun.com her name is patrica and I found her via this website

Weddings in Cancun - Wedding ceremonies, receptions and honeymoon services in Cancun and the Mexican Caribbean.

If dialing from the states you dial exactly like this:

011 52 987 869 0569 and shes available after 4pm. I called her really late last night because I don't get off work till after 6pm, her husband picked up LOL and she talked to me for a good hour. =0) She only charges 800 for her wedding coordinator services.

I told her that I was going to mention her services on this web site because allot of the girls here complain that its difficult to get in contact with any one in xcaret or they don't respond to emails. I was able to speak to a wedding coordinator in Xcaret but its only because Im a native Spanish speaker so I'm able to track them down and force them to talk to me! I don't take no for an answer. If any one wants the direct email to a wedding coordinator in Xcaret I can pass that along too.

Oh another good thing for those that are looking to have a catholic ceremony Patricia also told me that she could get a bilingual priest. I really need this option since half of our guest will speak nothing but Spanish and the other nothing but English.

I hope this helps

If any one needs me to email them the Xcaret wedding info packet for 2010 in English or in Spanish send me your email. Or maybe the moderator can contact me and they can add the file to the website or make it a sticky if there is a demand for it.

Ok well I hope this helps somebody.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!!! I am so glad I found your post!! I just started my research for Cancun and Xcaret weddings....and found several coordinator sites. I did find the one you are talking about...and it gave me butterflies when I saw that they have a Catholic Chapel there. Looks like we are planning similar weddings! Best of Luck and thanks for your post...very very helpful!

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much for posting this! It has been so helpful! I was going to have my wedding in Puerto Vallarta, so I was worried it was going to take awhile to start the research all over again in Playa del Carmen. Patricia has been SO helpful and her prices are reasonable! Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

how exciting! I'm booked for Xcaret through Patricia and Paloma too, hope all goes well. Xcaret is definately higher-end but definately a unique experience. I'm still working our menu, liquor, decor details. Where I think I'm getting shorted is on the hotel we are hosting our guest, its been impossible to get someones attention once they know we are having a non-resort wedding. Does anyone have a contact at Grand Riviera/Sunset Princess? Also looking to have a welcome reception at a hip cool place preferably outdoors possibly on Thursday or Friday before the wedding any suggestions?

I am going for a site visit on Sunday. Paloma is meeting with us to see Xcaret for the ceremony and Blue Parrot for the reception. We are going to have a room block at Playa Palms and possibly Blue Parrot. Patricia has been so amazing to work with. I'm glad I found this post and can also refer her to other BDW brides!!!

• 3 weeks later...

This post has been very helpful! My fiance and I have looked at Xcaret and have contemplated having both our ceremony and/or reception here as well. Any info that you ladies can pass along from your site visits or from your actual weddings there would be great. We are planning for early winter 2011 and would love to see the price lists for 2011 and 2010 if anyone still has them. I can be reached at akurrle@gmail.com. Thanks all!

• 2 months later...