Photo

Wine Box and Love Letter Ceremony

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Jennyco116

Jennyco116
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:14 PM

Has anyone ever done this? Basically, as part of your ceremony the Officiant asks the bride and groom to place a bottle of wine, two wine galsses and sealed love letters that they have written each other into a box. During the first five years of marriage, should the couple experience any hardships where they are considering separating then they are to open the box, drink the wine and read to each other.

I love this idea and I am going to incorporate this into my ceremony, however, does anyone know where I can get a nice box. I would like to have a treasure chest style box that can be engraved with a padlock instead of having to hammer down the top with nails like the website suggests.

Love Letter & Wine Box Ceremony

#2 autjo

autjo
    • 2,182 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:35 PM

I love this idea. And agree that nailing and hammering during the ceremony might be a little awkward. Try places like World Market/Cost Plus or Pier 1 for some cute boxes.

#3 Jennyco116

Jennyco116
      • 115 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:38 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by autjo
        I love this idea. And agree that nailing and hammering during the ceremony might be a little awkward. Try places like World Market/Cost Plus or Pier 1 for some cute boxes.
        World Market, I am on my way ... I'll keep you posted. Thanks

#4 **TIFFANY**

**TIFFANY**
        • 343 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:53 PM

That's a great idea!

#5 ClintsGurl09

ClintsGurl09
          • 660 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:59 PM

Cute idea..

#6 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
            • 661 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:05 PM

Sounds like a nice idea...they have nice memory boxes etc at the bombay company

#7 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 3,490 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:24 PM

oh my goodness, too funny, I was going to start a thread about this today! We were at a wedding last weekend and the couple did this! I had never heard of the idea before that but I think it is a great idea! the reading that they did during the ceremony was just so touching and sooooo many of the guests that were at the wedding were commenting on what a good idea it was!

they used like a small treasure box thing...it did have a lock on it

#8 shellk

shellk
                • 1,784 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:20 AM

that idea is great.im sure even if you were going through the toughest of times this would do the trick.i drink lots of wine but fi does,nt hes a beer guy.will it have the same effect to put a bottle of each in there hehe.

thanks for sharing

#9 shellk

shellk
                  • 1,784 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:21 AM

that idea is great.im sure even if you were going through the toughest of times this would do the trick.i drink lots of wine but fi does,nt hes a beer guy.will it have the same effect to put a bottle of each in there hehe.

thanks for sharing

#10 Stamperamma

Stamperamma
                    • 432 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:25 AM

Your local wine establishment will sell nice boxes, some will even be set up for a bottle of wine and glasses. We have bought a few for gifts. I find the specialty wine stores have the nicest box.

Dea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users