Shower and Wedding gift giving

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 LeNell

• 212 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 02:24 PM

I always give both gift... but I dont many people will give us a wedding gift becuase they are paying to come to the wedding
    Tristan and Lenell 2010

#12 blumenthale

• 242 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:42 PM

I always thought you gave a shower gift and a wedding gift. I have always done so in the past. Even when I had to travel, let's face it, many weddings are still destination for the guests, even if it is still in the US. But, it would be kinda sticky to ask your non gift giving friends to give you more gifts. Maybe you can spread the word to the AHR guests, they really should be giving you gifts, at least they should cover the cost of their dinners.

#13 cece9922

• 60 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:20 PM

Most of our guests didn't come on the cruise with us. They only had to travel an hour by vans which we rented to NYC. It's not like I would say anything but I'm just very surprised that people didn't think they should at least cover the cost of their food.

#14 BachataBride

• Banned
        • 9,310 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
          I really didnt expect to get anything from the people that attended my wedding because they paid a lot to come. But we still did get presents from most (our aunts, uncles, grandparents, and some cousins). And we got some from people that couldnt attend too. It was really nice of them especially when it was unexpected.
          Ditto Danielle!!
          And I would also like to add that since you are having an AHR, people are probably waiting until then. That's what happened to me...and I didn't have my AHR until 7 months later!!! Maybe some of your guests from the wedding are waiting for AHR as well...I know some of mine did. And...there are some guests that attended my wedding that didn't give a gift & am perfectly fine with that!

#15 tracyann

• 189 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:13 AM

I have always given both a shower and a wedding gift (even if I wasn't able to attend both) I have never heard of only one, but since you are having an AHR, they might just bge waiting until then.

#16 cece9922

• 60 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:39 AM

Yes some of them may be waiting till the AHR. We will see.

#17 OCMDBride05152010

• 93 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:34 AM

I would think it very odd if a large number of people attended your wedding or AHR empty handed. Maybe people are just forgetful like me, I've been meaning to mail the check for a wedding I wasn't able to attend last month and just keep forgetting...I'm hoping they'll think it a welcome surprise after they've stopped receiving presents

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users