Photo

Wedding in Mexico..... Newby here any tips?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 hhwed

hhwed
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:55 PM

Hi My name is aLexa and I'll be getting married next year... I still don't have a location .... any tips for Cancun or the Mayan Riviera?

#2 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
    • 661 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:21 PM

Hi Alexa,

I basically started with my Travel agent (TA) and gave her my budget on all inclusive resorts for the month I wanted to get married in. She printed me a list of all the resorts in the Cancun, Mayan Riviera and Playa del Carmen area that fit within my budget. She also gave me all of the travel company brochures so that I could look at the resorts. Once I narrowed down my search to about 8-10, I went on trip advisor and narrowed down my search again to 3. I then spoke to my TA again and narrowed down my search to 2 - the Barcelo Maya Beach Resort and Sandos PLayacar Beach resort. Once I had done that I came on here as well as did more research online and from all the information collected I finally made my decision. I am going with Sandos Playacar.
      I basically took into consideration what my budget was, along with what I figured my guests could afford and I could feel comfortable asking them to spend to come to my wedding. I also looked at where the resort was and what was around, resort ammenities, photos and what the food was like. It basically took me 2 weeks to really narrow down my search, but I figure it was worth it.
      The forum has an amazing amount of information, you just have to spend the time reading and going through all the posts.
      You will love Cancun or the Mayan Riviera....lots to do and see and the weather is usually very good - except for say Oct- Dec when it can get really wet...lol.....
      The ladies on here are great at answering any questions you might have and are very good at providing you with great ideas.

Good luck and Welcome!

#3 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
      • 600 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:24 PM

Congratulations! I was married in Tulum, MX which is two hours south of Cancun. We chose it because of it's intimacy. There are a ton of useful tips, but it's hard to list them all. Everything from how to find your location to how do you pay your vendors. You will find a ton of great information on the site and if you have specific questions that you can't find the answers for, just ask. The girls are very helpful.

#4 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
        • 4,512 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:53 PM

Congrats Alexa and to the forum! I see that the ladies have already given you some great advice! Good luck and happy planning!
          *Formerly Nikki07*
          My Planning Thread

#5 nathanielthompsonphoto

nathanielthompsonphoto
          • 1,213 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:09 PM

Welcome to the forum, Alexa! Lots of great info to be found here!

#6 hhwed

hhwed
            • 6 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:15 PM

Thanks sooo much for the first input guys !!!!

#7 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
              • 2,528 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:25 PM

It depends on what kind of wedding you seek, since different areas are better for a beach wedding or tropical style wedding (or even gazebo!).

My advice? Have fun, and be relaxed about EVERYTHING... thats part of the reason we do DW's... because its laid back :)
                Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#8 mswhatever

mswhatever
                • 475 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:26 PM

Welcome!

Enjoy planning!

#9 ClintsGurl09

ClintsGurl09
                  • 660 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:29 PM

Congrats and welcome!!

#10 ebdaniel113

ebdaniel113
                    • 22 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:34 PM

I am getting married in November at the Blue Parrot Beach Club in Playa Del Carmen. They are awesome! We are getting married on the beach, having cocktail hour (complete with a Mariachi Band) with 8 different passed hors de voures in a beachfront palapa, having our dinner in a lounge area with sand floors and dancing on their skyview terrace all for the same price! My FI and I went scouting back in March and this place just fit us so well! Very affordable and very flexible so we can have the wedding we want. There is also a very well known fire show that is amazing and they set up a private area for you on the beach! Paula is our wedding planner there and she is great! Our guests are staying at the Riu Palace Mexico and we are having them shuttled to the Blue Parrot. Let me know if you want more details!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users