Anyone using non-traditional music?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 BachataBride

BachataBride
  • Banned
  • 9,310 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:07 AM

Oh Heather...I love Maybe I'm Amazed, by Jem!!! Awesome choice!! I almost picked that as our first dance song!

#42 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,532 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:45 AM

Thanks I thought about these for a LONG time so I'm pretty happy with them. I love the Jem song also but I thought since it's kinda one-sided it wouldn't be perfect for a first dance. But it's great for the girls coming down the aisle I think....

I hope!

#43 Ruby2010

Ruby2010
      • 25 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:29 AM

Since we are a non-traditional couple that is very into to all types of music, we will be walking down the aisle to a DJ. The cocktail hour will be closer to hour New Orleans theme, and we will be walking in the reception to a second-line band. But for the reception we decided to do a mix of old and new by playing the modern version of a song, and then the original sample. That way we can please all generations will be included and happy.

#44 IrishgirlinNY

IrishgirlinNY
        • 938 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:16 PM

Hi

The bridal party is walking down the aisle to Somewhere Over the Rainbow- I have loved and collected items from the Wizard of Oz my whole life

I am walking down the aisle to Annies Song by John Denver- My parents wedding song since my mom is no longer with us

Our first song is This Night by Billy Joel- First song we heard in the car together and I absolutely love Billy!

The bridal party is walking into the reception to Nothin But a Good Time by Poison- Great beginning to the song and great song

#45 xxashleyxx007

xxashleyxx007
          • 227 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 02:20 PM

Great music selection Irish.. I love that poison song!

#46 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
            • 997 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:54 PM

My FI and I have been working on this:

Prior to Ceremony - Love Jazz Tunes by Michael Buble, Diana Krall, Oscar Peterson, Frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald
              BM's down the aisle - Love Me Do by the Beatles
              Bride down the aisle - All you need is Love by the Beatles
              Entrance to Reception - Parents and Bridal Party - Not sure of the artist but the Old Hockey Night in Canada Theme and the Chicago Bulls Line-up music
              Entrance to Reception - Us - Tonights the Night by the Black Eyed Peas
              First Dance - Eternal Flame by the Bangles then Rock the Reception Mix
              Father/Daughter - Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder

That's all we've decided as for now! One idea I really love is that we're going to ask all the married couples what their first dance was and we'll make those songs part of the music through dinner!

HAPPY PLANNING!

#47 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
              • 3,103 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:09 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by bahiabride2010
                My FI and I have been working on this:

Prior to Ceremony - Love Jazz Tunes by Michael Buble, Diana Krall, Oscar Peterson, Frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald
                BM's down the aisle - Love Me Do by the Beatles
                Bride down the aisle - All you need is Love by the Beatles
                Entrance to Reception - Parents and Bridal Party - Not sure of the artist but the Old Hockey Night in Canada Theme and the Chicago Bulls Line-up music
                Entrance to Reception - Us - Tonights the Night by the Black Eyed Peas
                First Dance - Eternal Flame by the Bangles then Rock the Reception Mix
                Father/Daughter - Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder

That's all we've decided as for now! One idea I really love is that we're going to ask all the married couples what their first dance was and we'll make those songs part of the music through dinner!

HAPPY PLANNING!
                Wow!! I LOVE all your song choices! I'm walking down the aisle to The Beatles as well =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users