Photo

Newly engaged and overwhelmed

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Sloan

Sloan
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:00 AM

Welcome to the forum and Congrats on your engagement! You've definately found the right place! Happy planning!

#22 Nadine2010

Nadine2010
    • 185 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 01:08 PM

Congrats and happy planning! You will find all of the information you could need here!

#23 LindsayE

LindsayE
      • 204 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:36 PM

Hello Jen, congrats and happy planning :)

#24 Sheree10

Sheree10
        • 1,026 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:11 PM

Welcome and Congrats!! I know how it is to feel overwhelmed right after getting engaged. You feel like you have so many things to get done and feel pressure because everyone has a ton of questions. Well the best piece of advice that I was given( by FI) was to do one thing at a time. So that's what I've been doing. I made a To DO List and every other week or so I would do something on the list.

The main thing is to think about the location and secure a date. After that it all falls into place!
          http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#25 KRama

KRama
          • 421 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:43 PM

I laughed when I saw the title of your post because mine was the EXACT same! I was in the same boat. We decided to have a destination wedding and then the next big whopping question was: WHERE? We narrowed it down to the Mayan Riviera since it was the most affordable for us and our guests and we felt we got the most bang for our buck! My biggest problem was picking a resort since it's impossible to know what the cost would be and we didn't even want to LOOK at resorts outside of our range. My best advice is to look at Expedia and other travel sites to find resorts in your price range and then start looking at their wedding packages. Before you know it, you'll be an expert! And of course, this forum is the BEST place to go for answers and advice! It's been a life saver! And...done...phew...that was a long one!

#26 Jogsbride

Jogsbride
            • 8 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:04 PM

Thank you everyone! After much debate and discussion we have decided against a Mexican DW. We will be having our wedding in Malibu, Ca which I am calling "Destination Malibu." Thank you all for you suggestions for keeping sane and I will definitely use your advice as I continue planning. I'm still going to use this forum to get lots of ideas!

#27 Patti

Patti
              • 555 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:15 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. I'm getting married in Cabo in December. Just a thought - it will be whale season during the time that you want to get married. That would be fun for your guests - if they are not accustomed to seeing whales. In Texas, we don't see many, so it's always pretty neat when we see some.

#28 Bubbalu

Bubbalu
                • 152 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:57 PM

Congrats and Welcome to the Forum!

#29 chirorach

chirorach
                  • 200 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:01 PM

Welcome to the forum--hands down the greatest destination wedding resource on the Internet! Good luck and happy planning!

#30 IrishgirlinNY

IrishgirlinNY
                    • 938 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:32 PM

Hi Jen

Congratulations on your engagement and good luck with all your planning.

Shannon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users