Newly engaged and overwhelmed

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Jogsbride

• 8 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:26 PM

Hi, my name is Jen and I have been engaged for 12 days and already overwhelmed with planning a wedding! We are looking for a destination wedding in Mexico hopefully in March/April/May time frame. We live in Clifornia but most of our family is in Pennsylvania and New Jersey so we need to find a place convenient for everyone to travel. Any and all help is appreciated!

#2 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:33 PM

Hi Jen and congrats on your very recent engagement and welcome to the forum. Have you thought about Cabo for your wedding? I live in MI and we were married there, it wasn't too $$ for us to travel.

#3 inspiredfyre

• 304 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:36 PM

Don't be too overwhelmed, Jen, you'll find that it'll all come together! Just work on one thing at a time! Best of luck, and welcome to the forum!

#4 akbeach

• 169 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:40 PM

Congrats! Riviera Maya is great. We ran into tons of East Coast people when we were there and they said the flights weren't too bad. Enjoy planning! Once you pick a location and resort, the planning goes well!
          Photo by Sascha Gluck from Cancun Photos

#5 diamondpooch

• 546 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:50 PM

First, CONGRATS!!!!

Second, don't be overwhelmed. You will get that way if you try and do too much at once. First thing you need to do is decide on a destination (Mexico, etc). Next research resorts on here and also on TripAdvisor.com. Read reviews for each, and decide which resort suits you and your guests best. Next decide on a timeframe for your date and find out when your chosen resort has available in that month and at what times. If I had it to do all over again, I would have figured that out before I set the date in stone because now my resort only has early afternoon availability when I wanted a t6 o'clock wedding, but I'm making due.

Then you can move onto working with a travel agent to get deals on blocks of rooms and discounts for you and your fiancee due to the high revenue you will be creating for the hotel.

Try not to worry about too many little details like flowers, etc till the end. Those are the detailing work, not the foundation.

This forum is a lifesaver! You are lucky you found it so soon! Good Luck!

#6 Jogsbride

• 8 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:07 AM

Wow, you ladies are quick! thanks for the feedback. My best friend got married in Cabo last year. As much as we loved it, we didn't want to have our wedding in/around the same place.

I've seen some really great resorts in Maya Riviera. My friend went to the Royal Hideway for her honeymoon. Anyone heard of weddings there?

#7 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:59 AM

welcome jen! congrats! and happy planning!!

We were in the same boat. I was born and raised in CT and moved to Utah last year to be with FI. IT will all work out. DW is the best way to go! And not everyone will be able to go, but your closest family and friends will be there!! Dont stress! You can find anything and everything on this forum!!!

#8 SusieQ

• 1,603 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:14 AM

Welcome Jen and Congrats... Make a list (you'll be adding to it as you go) and check things off as you get them done. We'll be her to help you with ideas and support.

#9 ClintsGurl09

• 660 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:29 AM

Welcome and congrats!

Step back and take a deep breath. Start with the foundation of planning, once this is complete the small things will fall into place. Also get a notebook and make notes of thought and ideas. Hope this helps. Happy planning!!

#10 dinogomez.com

• 5,705 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:30 AM

Welcome to the forum and congratulations!! You've come to the right place; here you can find all the info you need for a fun, smooth and successful planning!! Enjoy!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users