Photo

Catholic Ceromony??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 simba1234

simba1234
  • 179 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:43 PM

Has anyone had a catholic cermony in Cancun? Where did you do it? Was it in the church or do catholic priests EVER do ceremonies in gazebos or outside of the church?

I really want to have a ceremony in a gazebo with an ocean view at sunset. My mom really would love me to have a catholic ceremony so I want to make her happy in that area but I don't love the idea of geting married inside a church. I feel like a catholic ceremony in a gazebo is a good compromise.

I read online that the Marriott in the hotel zone is the only hotel authorized by the catholic church to perform catholic ceremonies in a gazebo. When I called them they told me they were still "negotiating" with the catholic church. Then I called back and they told me that I can do the ceremony in the gazebo but I have to get a priest on my own to agree to it. So now I'm confused and frustrated...has anyone else run into this?

How in the world would I get a catholic priest to agree to that? I wouldn't even know where to start?

#2 kvataj30

kvataj30
    • 12 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:33 PM

Have you looked into the Gran Caribe? They have a chapel which is surrounded by glass so your views are completely of the ocean. They provide you with a english speaking priest and it's the next best thing to a gazebo. I was just there last week to look at it and it's beautiful. I have pics I can show you if your interested...just send me your e-mail and I'll forward them to you. Also check out Real Resorts Mexico|Real Resorts Cancun| Real Resorts Playa del Carmen|Luxury Hotels in Mexico and click on weddings. They have some pics there also.

#3 simba1234

simba1234
      • 179 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:40 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by kvataj30
        Have you looked into the Gran Caribe? They have a chapel which is surrounded by glass so your views are completely of the ocean. They provide you with a english speaking priest and it's the next best thing to a gazebo. I was just there last week to look at it and it's beautiful. I have pics I can show you if your interested...just send me your e-mail and I'll forward them to you. Also check out Real Resorts Mexico|Real Resorts Cancun| Real Resorts Playa del Carmen|Luxury Hotels in Mexico and click on weddings. They have some pics there also.
        I just pm'd you with questions and my email address. I'm so excited - that place is awesome!! Thank you so much for telling me about it. I'm praying they're available on my date:)

#4 Karla1975

Karla1975
        • 18 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:50 PM

Hello,

My fiance and I are visiting El Gran Caribe Real next weekend 10/2/09. I will post any helpful feedback! is there anyone that has recently had their catholic ceremony at El Gran Caribe?

#5 lnf_munchkin

lnf_munchkin
          • 168 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:33 PM

These are not in Cancun, but south. Dreams Tulum has a small wedding chappel and does Catholic Ceremonies, but is quite a ways from Cancun. The Grand Palladium Resorts in Riviera Maya have a new Chappel, that does Catholic Weddings, bigger than Dreams Tulum, and it is very open as in the sides are almost nonexsistent, but I don't think it has an ocean view. Main Wedding Page. At the top of that page there's a view the new chappel link. If you can't get the link to work google Palladium Addicts - and you should find the site. I know of NO locations where you can have a catholic ceremony outdoors.

#6 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 4,513 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:31 PM

Hi there -we were married at the Catholic Gazebo at the Moon Palace by a catholic priest. Palace Resorts - Welcome to the Official Site. It is beautiful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users