Recommendations for a driver for the day

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tracyann

tracyann
  • 189 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:39 PM

Hi All,

We are going to be visiting a few resorts in a couple weeks to make a final decision on which resort we want to have our wedding at. Originally we were going to take taxi's to and from each resort, but I started thinking it might be easier to hire a car & driver for the day- does anyone have any recommendations? We are staying at Iberostar Paradiso Beach and are making appointments to see Moon Palace, Blue Bay Esmerelada, Paradisus and the new Dreams Riviera Cancun.

Thanks!
    Tracy

#2 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
    • 600 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:47 PM

Tracy you might want to consider renting a car for the day. There is only one road in this part of Mexico and it's impossible to get lost. However, if you want to rent a car and driver you can ask any of the local tour companies or your hotel's concierge service to set it up for you. I'm sorry, I don't have a recommendation of a specific company since I always drive.

#3 damaris

damaris
      • 462 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:51 PM

Like Malisa said it's better that you set it up once you get there. especially since some hotels might be right down the street from each other. What you do need to do is set up appts with the WC's at the venues you wanna visit
        65 BOOKED PLUS BRIDE & GROOM

http://global.thekno...rs/tt22b9e.aspx

#4 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
        • 600 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:51 PM

Actually, I do recommend setting it up beforehand whether you rent a car or hire a driver through a tour company. I just don't have a tour company to recommend. If you are worried about the location of resorts, this is a pretty good map. It can probably help map out your itinerary.
          http://vacationcancu....a-maya-map.gif

#5 finzup

finzup
          • 468 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:01 PM

definitely rent a car. most hotels have a car rental desk right on site (avis I think).. it's affordable and you can go wherever you want whenever you want. Like someone said above, all resorts are on one road and you cannot get lost.

-Katie
            Have you met Alice?
            http://tickers.Ticke....eXf/weight.png

#6 tracyann

tracyann
            • 189 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:13 AM

Thanks for all your help! I sent a message to the resort we are staying at (Iberostar) to see if they have a car rental desk and if we can reserve it ahead of time.

Thanks again!

Tracy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users