Significant Other Praise Thread!

ErinB

Aww I heart this thread, everyone's DH/FI sounds awesome! :)

Jenn - he did such a great job with that cake...wow! love.gif

Ok, so here's my submission:

I played the piano from the time I was 8 until I was 16. I quit at 16 because, being a teenager, I had "more important" things to do with my time lol. So for the last few years, I've really begun to miss playing and would often mention to my husband that I wished I could afford a piano so I could play again. Well last week he surprised me by telling me that he was going to pay for 2/3 of a piano for me, "just cause"! I love this man! He really could tell how much this would mean to me, it was just so touching. I have my piano now and it is my SECOND love after my DH. It makes me so happy to be playing again!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 40th bday was this weekend, and I had a major PMS meltdown 2 days before which had me crying telling FI my birthday was going to suck, etc...

My birthday didn't suck.

FI bought me a full length leather coat that I've wanted since the day he met me - he has one too - I love them!

He brought me flowers and cards and we went to the beach/boardwalk (Pier village in Long Branch for you Jersey Girls) and had dinner and walked around - even saw a wedding on the beach!

The next day we drove to the Inner Harbor in Maryland, had lunch, went to the Aquarium, a submarine, dinner, saw a jazz band, stayed in an amazing hotel and took a sightseeing cruise the next morning.

It was the perfect weekend, perfect weather, perfect birthday...

I don't feel 40 either!

My FI is the most caring man.

Not only did he wait on my hand and foot after the accident and he cooks all our meals and often times makes my lunch and puts a love note in it.

But one thing stands out.

When we got home from the hospital 16 hours after the accident, I was covered in dried blood and it had my hair in all ratsnests and clumps it was a mess. He drew me a bath, bathed me and helped me wash my hair with a cup since I could not get the facial bandages wet. Then he brushed out all the snarels so gently and wanted to blow dry my hair but I told him to forget it. He did all this after being up for more than 26 hours straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika J View Post
When we got home from the hospital 16 hours after the accident, I was covered in dried blood and it had my hair in all ratsnests and clumps it was a mess. He drew me a bath, bathed me and helped me wash my hair with a cup since I could not get the facial bandages wet. Then he brushed out all the snarels so gently and wanted to blow dry my hair but I told him to forget it. He did all this after being up for more than 26 hours straight.
awwwwwwww love.gif that is by far one of the sweetest things I have ever heard Erika, what a great guy!

OMG how many of you keep saying AWWW!! out loud and get tears in your eyes? I hope I'm not the only one!

FI doesn't live in the same country so I don't really have anything like what you ladies are describing, but the one thing that is the most important to me is that he is ALWAYS available for me. I can call him anytime and even though he may be at a club, he'll leave the party just to talk to me, even if the conversation lasts an hour.

He has never given me a reason not to trust him. We've been chatting everyday for 1 1/2 years, and I can honestly say without a doubt, that I can truly fully trust him and to me, that's special :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika J View Post
He drew me a bath, bathed me and helped me wash my hair with a cup since I could not get the facial bandages wet. Then he brushed out all the snarels so gently and wanted to blow dry my hair but I told him to forget it. He did all this after being up for more than 26 hours straight.
AWWWWWW!!! That is so awesome.

I have to give my FI big props this week because his two kids got sick this past weekend. Well, then of course I got sick...with fever and strep throat! He told me just lay on the couch and I will get whatever you need and take care of my baby. So, he had to take care of two sick kids by himself and me! He was at the dr's two days in a row and dealing with a houseful of sick people. Thankfully, I am finally starting to feel better...I mean, seriously, I am getting married in less than a month!

Oh..and yesterday he decided to start a blog about our wedding. He was soo cute writing the blogs and so proud of himself for doing it hehe