gettinghitched2010
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:34 PM

Thanks for sharing.

#62 Diva

Diva
    • 682 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:43 PM

I have one for sale if anyone is interested! It is still in the original packaging. We just decided to do a different unity ceremony. PM me if you are interested, $25 plus shipping...

#63 lexibride

lexibride
      • 276 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:49 AM

Can someone post the instructions that were on bridalinsider.com? I can't get the darn link to work at all.

Thanks!

#64 AishaB

AishaB
        • 2,350 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:50 AM

Thanks for sharing! This is great.
          BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#65 purpleshells

purpleshells
          • 338 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:37 AM

Cannot find the link for the girl who showed us how to fix the frame with glue?

#66 purpleshells

purpleshells
            • 338 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:38 AM

what kind of glue did you girls use?

#67 Nadine2010

Nadine2010
              • 185 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:18 AM

I too need the instructions on how to glue the frame, the bridal insider link doesn't work anymore... I have had it bookmarked for ever but never thought about saving it anywhere. Anyone who could post the instructions or email them would be very much appreciated.

Thanks Ladies :)

#68 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
                • 997 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:19 AM

I believe the glue she suggested in the video was Wellbond but any super strong glue should do.

From what I remember...you put glue along the edges of Pane 2 and 3 to seal them into place. There should be no glue on Pane 1 (so that you can clean it and change the picture attached to the front of frame two or back of frame one...I haven't decided which would work better) and also not on Pane 4. When pouring the sand into the middle of Pane 2 and 3 you need to cover the front and back gaps. Some of the girls used cardstock or I know I read that someone had used sticker paper that would be cut to fit perfectly.

To Recap:

Pane #1 - No glue so you can clean the glass and change the picture
                  Pane #2 - Glue along three edges
                  Pane #3 - Glue along three edges
                  Pane #4 - No glue (this pane is the cloudy one)

Hope this helps...I haven't tried it yet but plan on getting our frame ready in the next couple of weeks. I'll let you know how it turns out!

#69 purpleshells

purpleshells
                  • 338 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:52 PM

oy what a mess!! I bought wood glue.....obviously put too much glue (even if i hardly put any) it kind of spilled over the sides had to clean it up....before it stayed stuck..... I think im going to glue pane 2 (and remove 4 and replace it with pane 3 in pane 4s position) so it gives more room to pour the sand....

#70 Nadine2010

Nadine2010
                    • 185 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:04 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by bahiabride2010
                      I believe the glue she suggested in the video was Wellbond but any super strong glue should do.

From what I remember...you put glue along the edges of Pane 2 and 3 to seal them into place. There should be no glue on Pane 1 (so that you can clean it and change the picture attached to the front of frame two or back of frame one...I haven't decided which would work better) and also not on Pane 4. When pouring the sand into the middle of Pane 2 and 3 you need to cover the front and back gaps. Some of the girls used cardstock or I know I read that someone had used sticker paper that would be cut to fit perfectly.

To Recap:

Pane #1 - No glue so you can clean the glass and change the picture
                      Pane #2 - Glue along three edges
                      Pane #3 - Glue along three edges
                      Pane #4 - No glue (this pane is the cloudy one)

Hope this helps...I haven't tried it yet but plan on getting our frame ready in the next couple of weeks. I'll let you know how it turns out!
                      Thank you so much!! I will give it a try!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users