KHarrod's ROR Review

KHarrod

United Airlines - The flight going there was okay we had a layover but other than that it was smooth. Once at the airport we went thru customs with no problem and made our way to the tour bus.

Jamaica Tours - The bus ride took forever to get to the resort, we made a rest stop for 10 minutes. After the rest we made our way to the hotel, once we got there it was breathtaking.

Riu Resort - The resort is so beautiful and the customer service was excellent. We were greeted with rum punch and it was delicious. We were upgraded the first night that we were there, We were on the other side of the resort by the wedding gazebo and our guests were on the other side. The room and the view was beautiful, I had no complaints with the room at all. We met with Nikki and Chandlyn on Thursday to go over the wedding details and they were very helpful. I gave them my wedding CD, ceremony fans and sand ceremony. They took care of everything and it turned out just the way I wanted. The next morning we had rehearsal on the beach and it was quick and simple. The welcome dinner was set up really nice, we ate at St. Ann's , the food was delicious. We gave out the OOT bags there and gave our welcome speeches there. On Friday, we did the Sunset Evening Cruise with Lee's Tours, it was a lot of fun the ocean water was so blue and refreshing. After the tour we went back to the resort and watched the entertainment show before we went to separate rooms. The day of the wedding was relaxing I was at one pool and he was at the other side so we avoided each other. I went to the salon and got my hair done and my photographer, Misti Abner, came to take pictures. After the spa, I went back to the room to get ready. Once we were done I made my way to the wedding site, the site was absolutely fabulous. I had the wooden huppah with the white fabric draped around it with fuschia flowers on the top. Nikki led us down to the beach and Chandlyn started to play the music on cue. The preacher was perfect and the videographer did a awesome job as well. After the ceremony we took pictures on the beach and drank champagne. For dinner we went to the Plantation, they served the same menu as Mammee Bay Steakhouse. The cake was okay, I really didn't care for it. We weren't able to play music to the Plantation because they didn't have a electrical outlet so we saved the first dance for the poolside reception. I was very disappointed with the poolside reception it was set up when I got there the chairs were not placed under the table and we had to light the candle ourselves. If you are getting married on Saturday and want to have the poolside reception its a waste of money because the beach party was so loud it overpowered my reception. We could have went to the beach party instead and saved money. We didnt receive breakfast in bed as promised but we didnt worry about it. We did the Dunnd River Fall excursion and loved it. The water was so beautiful, please take your water shoes with you because the rocks will hurt your feet badly without them. You can also rent water shoes for five dollars. Thats all that I have for now if you have questions please feel free to ask me Im in the process of downloading pics.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHarrod View Post
We were at the pool near the wedding gazebo and it was very loud. Our poolside reception looked nothing liked yours it was plain and simple.
I'm sorry about that. But I am sure it was still beautiful. I had to employ family and friends to make my reception look like that. If people are going to spend a ton of $$ on their poolside wedding receptions, the ROR should really consider the noise level of the beach parties...