Sign in to follow this  
diamondpooch

What's the best way to call my WP???

So, I've never had a reason to call outside the US and I'm afraid to admit, I don't know how! To call from a landline is it really expensive? What is this about calling cards? Are there special international calling cards? Where do I get them? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA Maureen View Post
You need to first dial the international access code: 011, then Mexico's country code which is 52, then the number.

Prices vary. I would call your long distance provider for rates.
Thanks! Do I type all those numbers at once or do I break them up?

You would type the numbers all at once. I would also get a calling card (can get them anywhere, grocery store, drug store, variety store, ect) That way you will know how much it will cost, and when you dial it after putting in the calling card number it will tell you how much time you have to talk at that time. It is definately the way togo so you do not end up with unxpecte surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsfinallyhere View Post
You would type the numbers all at once. I would also get a calling card (can get them anywhere, grocery store, drug store, variety store, ect) That way you will know how much it will cost, and when you dial it after putting in the calling card number it will tell you how much time you have to talk at that time. It is definately the way togo so you do not end up with unxpecte surprises
Thanks you guys!

Definitely get a calling card - your local drug store or newspaper stand will likely sell them. And the pricing is different, so look at the back and get the details (bring a magnifying glass because the print is small!)

Other tip - when you do call do it from a land line, not your cell phone. Sometimes the cards have a different rate if you are connecting through a cellular carrier (like 2x the price they indicate).

Good luck!

You can also buy Skype credit and call her land line with Skype for 3 to 4 cents a minute. Which is nice it has a running meter on the messenger that shows your available credit left. Good luck.