Banana Cantina - Welcome or Rehearsal Dinner Spot

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:37 PM

I just wanted to tell you all about my welcome dinner spot, BananaCantina because I am in love with this place! I hadn't seen it before a site visit last week and I'm so happy I chose the location. It is right in the Romantic Zone near La Palapa restaurant - about a block up from the beach.

Jae, the manager, graciously showed us the restaurant even though they were closed for the summer. It is a gorgeous quaint little Contemporary Mexican place - and it is super affordable (one of the most affordable restaurants for a welcome dinner of all the ones I contacted and even nicer than a lot of them). What I loved about it the most is that we are able to have a private dinner - since the restaurant holds about 55 people.

Anyway - here is the website: Banana Cantina - A Puerto Vallarta Restaurant - and I will be sure to post a full review when I return from our wedding, but I would highly recommend this place. The pictures on the website are exactly how it looks in person and the owner and manager are so nice. They are American also- so definitely easy to talk to/email.

#2 godaloveme

• 282 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:09 PM

BananaCantina!!! good choice one of our favorite places to hang out and eat in p.v the food is incredible !!!

#3 autjo

• 2,182 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:39 PM

It sounds like your site visit to PV went great. Thanks for sharing!

#4 J&MWedding

• 612 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:02 PM

Jess! I looked at this place too! It seems so much fun and the pricing was reasonable! I don't know if we are going, but it did look fun!!!! great idea!

My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#5 Brooklyn Carolina

Brooklyn Carolina
          • 94 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:19 PM

Thanks for the suggestion...I am going to check itout...

#6 amandalsu

• 122 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:13 PM

Does anyone have any pictures that would do it justice? This was one of the suggestions from my wedding coordinator but I was not that impressed with the website and couldn't get an idea of the view.

#7 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 08:49 PM

I don't have any good pics as it was closed up when we were there a few weeks ago. I will however take lots of pics at our welcome dinner in November, and post them then.

Not sure what you are looking for, but the ambiance is more trendy/modern. There are huge windows that open up to the outside, and it is on the second floor.

There is a video on the website that does a pretty good job of showing you the restaurant...have you watched it?

#8 KarenM

• 1,920 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 04:41 PM

Thanks for the info Jess! Adding it to the list of places to eat while we're there!

#9 amandalsu

• 122 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:31 PM

No I must have overlooked the video. I will definitely check it out. Thanks!

#10 kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 8,921 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:41 AM

Awesome Jess! It is so great that you were able to visit too for piece of mind! We did ours site unseen and were blown away- but we talk about how it could have gone the other way just as easy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users