What shoes to wear on the beach

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 BachataBride

• Banned
  • 9,310 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:43 PM

There are a bunch of threads in the Wedding Attire forum - please search before starting a new topic!! The mods like to keep duplication down as much as possible!

Here are a few to get you started!!!

Happy shoe shopping!!!

#12 jenjoe08

• 67 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:12 PM

If your heart is set on heels, talk to your WC about putting a wood plank under your runner... You can then wear heels and not sink into the sand.

#13 isaidyes

• 269 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:39 PM

That's a good idea about putting a wood plank under...I never would have thought of that.

I'm just wearing flip flops or going barefoot

#14 blurt

• 105 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:08 AM

Hi I wore heels, I just walked on my tip toes, it was a bit hard but i'm not very tall so I wouldn't have looked right in flats. But if you are getting married at ROR you don't have to walk far. I also saw a few brides take there shoes off just before they walked down the aisle then put them back on after. Hope this helps.

#15 Mello78

• 77 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:44 PM

I am getting on the beach as well and decided flip flops are my best bet since I have a hard time with heels let alone walking in heels on the sand...I would probably break my face lol!

#16 sunstarsmoon

• 2,233 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:02 AM

I am going barefoot for the ceremony, thining of some barefoot sandals, for the reception part still not sure probably some fancy wedge flip flops
              July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#17 Quietstorm

• 169 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 11:43 AM

I wouldn't wear heels, too many things could go wrong wearing them. You are better off wearing wedge shoes for some height and better support on the sand!!!

#18 A2Bride

• 676 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 11:48 AM

My FH and I are the same height, so I didn't want to wear "heels", but i also did not want to go barefoot since my dress is somewhat long. I found some cute white flip flops that have a decent wedge on them. I found them on clearance since it is the end of the summer season!

#19 clfaidl2

• 333 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:45 PM

I'm going to wear the high wedge flip flops with sparkles on the flip flop straps.

#20 Jamaica0619

• 475 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:28 PM

I have the same issue - I am several inches shorter than my DH. I wore white wedges with silver accents. I don't have a picture but they were by Carlos Santana. I had no issues walking or dancing (slow) in them on the sand. And I am not the most graceful person.
                      Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users