Photo

Did you see Kayne West at the MTV awards?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 jajajaja

jajajaja
  • VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:38 PM

Well I'm sad I missed this year's VMAs. I remember the last couple of years being anti-climatic and boring. I hear Lady Gaga was a great show- no?

I'm not a huge Beyonce fan- I don't really have much thoughts on her to be honest- she's just "there." But huge respect for her stepping up like that and giving Taylor back her moment. Very classy.

As for Kanye- dude, this guy is insane. He's always acting up. I agree with Kristy. No way they are going to ban his ass. He drums up too much controversy for MTV- which they USED to be infamous for.
    Happily married since 2008

#22 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
    • 653 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:51 PM

ha, he just appeared on the Leno show and had some crocodile tears over the incident when Jay asked him what he thought his mom would've thought of his actions.

#23 alkoch

alkoch
      • 515 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:58 PM

I just saw the end of his interview with Leno and he 'seemed' choked up, but maybe he should not say or do rude things in the first place. I hope he was really apologetic and wont do anything rude again

#24 islandbride317

islandbride317
        • 1,866 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:18 PM

So....did he win anything? OR was he even nominated? I didn't see it, but that might have been his pathetic little way of just stealing the show and some attention for himself, regardless of who he had to hurt in the process.

And, Beyonce's MAMA didn't "raise no fool"! People may have whatever opinions they like of Mama Knowles, but she has always made sure that her daughter has maintained decency, dignity and class in all that she has done, and I wasn't surprised in the least that she extended her usual kindness to Taylor. She probably remembered what a thrill it was to win her first VMA, and didn't want Taylor's memory of that moment to be tarnished by an ill-mannered narcissist like Kanye West!

#25 boscoe5200

boscoe5200
          • 15 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:58 PM

I am sure most of us that saw it were sitting on the couch with our mouth open in disbelief the same as Taylor!

#26 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 04:08 AM

we can hate him all we want, but he's getting exactly what he wants ... publicity!

does anyone have a link handy for beyonce's part of the show, where she gave taylor her few minutes? that is classy!

#27 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,921 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:50 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by AnnR
                we can hate him all we want, but he's getting exactly what he wants ... publicity!

does anyone have a link handy for beyonce's part of the show, where she gave taylor her few minutes? that is classy!
                Here you go:
                2009 MTV Video Music Awards | MTV.com
                Look under most talked about clips.

#28 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:01 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by kate.com
                  Here you go:
                  2009 MTV Video Music Awards | MTV.com
                  Look under most talked about clips.
                  dang, won't let me watch it outside of the US. i will have to google it. poor, lazy me.

#29 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,160 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:05 AM

I didn't buy his "apology" on Leno. He's a grown man who has total control of his actions and he knows exactly what he's doing (as Ann said above- publicity!) Even though I do think that I also think he's just a douche bag who don't know how to act either.

Whatever, money don't buy class.

#30 boscobel

boscobel
                    • VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:07 AM

I like Kanye's music and I've always been a fan of Beyonce, but I never liked Kanye personally. Even before he started acting up at awards shows, I just hate the way he looks. Doesn't he look like a cocky asshole?

And I read somewhere (have no clue where now!) that he said in an article last year that he was going to storm the stage when someone didn't win cuz they deserved it. So he probably had this all planned out. Just like his disheveled appearance and carrying around the liquor bottle. Total publicity stunt. But I don't beleive in the idea that just being talked about is good enough. He has totally turned me off of him and I am not even a fan of Taylor Swift (not against her, I just don't know her).

I like the idea of someone clotheslining his ass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users