Photo

Registry Card for invites/announcements

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Vikki

Vikki
  • 807 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:38 PM

I wasn't planning to register but my mom keeps getting questions so we put together a couple of ideas. This is the card we'll be putting in the envelopes.

What do you think?

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 michelle6114

michelle6114
    • 209 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:03 AM

Personally, I think it's taseteless to advertise where you are registered. If people really care, they will ask you or your family. Putting it with the announcements especially, is tacky. This is nothing personal, sorry! But when I get a wedding invitation with registry info, it just seems to me like a grab bag and takes the excitement out a notch.

#3 Vikki

Vikki
      • 807 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:42 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by michelle6114
        Personally, I think it's taseteless to advertise where you are registered. If people really care, they will ask you or your family. Putting it with the announcements especially, is tacky. This is nothing personal, sorry! But when I get a wedding invitation with registry info, it just seems to me like a grab bag and takes the excitement out a notch.
        That is exactly how I feel! The problem is my mom is the one planning the local event and sending this stuff out and she specifically wants something to put in there. Either I'm going to design it or she's going to and at least this way it looks a little better than what she would do. I'd prefer no gifts period. We have too much stuff as it is.

#4 Jess

Jess
        • 4,455 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:52 PM

yeah I wouldn't put in in there. I think the only place it is okay to put it is in your shower invitation when someone else is throwing it for you and they put it in there

#5 Vikki

Vikki
          • 807 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 01:36 PM

Well, we found a compromise... she's going to put them in the shower invitations and not the invitations for our reception in January. I feel a little better about that-at least it's not in the other things she'll send out.

Now-besides the fact that we all think the idea of putting them in is a bit tacky....since they're going in anyway does the design look ok?

#6 michelle6114

michelle6114
            • 209 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:36 PM

I think the design is really nice. Is there a way to add a pic of you and your FI? That would be a cool way to give everyone an updated pic up the 2 of you as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users