Wedding in October?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Hedra68

Hedra68
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:42 PM

Hi Folks,

I am stuggling with choosing wedding dates. My fiance and I normally visit Cabo in the summer Jul or Aug and we think it's too hot for a wedding. We are starting to consider October. Hopefully it doesn't rain that much and hurricanes have already past by. Any recommendations for October?

#2 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,532 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:14 PM

I'm getting married in Cabo in October. I think the rainy season ends around mid-Oct so if you keep it to the later half you should be fine. I was in Cabo late Oct 2007 and it was HOT but cooled off nicely at nights. I thought the weather was perfect.

#3 RikkiLynn

RikkiLynn
      • 10 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:36 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Hedra68
        Hi Folks,

I am stuggling with choosing wedding dates. My fiance and I normally visit Cabo in the summer Jul or Aug and we think it's too hot for a wedding. We are starting to consider October. Hopefully it doesn't rain that much and hurricanes have already past by. Any recommendations for October?
        hello! we're getting married on october 16, from what we understand, and were able to find out, cabo typically stays pretty dry all year, and rarely has a "heavy" rainy season. we saw that to be more typical on the carribean side. and looking at the weather history in the area, october never seems to be a problem...this is a link i looked at when planning...

History : Weather Underground

hope it is of some help!

#4 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,047 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
        • LocationToronto

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:02 PM

we had our wedding in April and it was perfect...hot days, cool nights. I agree with Heather, from my research October seems to be similar to April weather

#5 JGAMMAGIRL77

JGAMMAGIRL77
        • 427 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:46 AM

The only bad thing about October is that you might catch some rain. This is why I decided to do my wedding in November. Just something to consider.

Jess

#6 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,532 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:08 AM

I wouldn't worry about rain in October, especially if you keep it in the second half of the month. Cabo only gets like 6 days of rain per year, and they are usually in August and September and last about 15 mins and then it's sunny again

#7 *Lo*

*Lo*
            • 2,993 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:11 AM

I'm doing October as well. I didn't realize it was one of the rainier months but the summer months are just too hot in my opinion.

#8 Connie C

Connie C
              • 19 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 07:22 PM

I would recommend that you book late in October. My FI and I visited last October 16-19 and it was still really hot. In light of the heat, we decided to book our wedding for late November. The hotel wedding coordinator said that weather-wise she would suggest late October to early December.

#9 DestCabo10

DestCabo10
                • 49 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:09 PM

rikkilynn thanks for the weather underground link thats really informative and relieving as far as my stress about rain goes:)

#10 Hedra68

Hedra68
                  • 14 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:47 PM

Thank you all for the great feedback!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users