Sign in to follow this  
Jennybell1

Reception dress or wear the wedding dress?

I agree with everyone else. I'd definitely wear the dress all night. My dress was heavy but it was beautiful and there was no way I was taking it off that night.

I think you should definitely wear your dress to the reception (you look beautiful, by the way -- LOVE the brooch detail and the way it cinches everything together)!!!

I don't think it's necessary to have a separate dress for your reception....I only have a reception dress because I jumped the gun and got a dress a month after I'd gotten engaged, and then I had a change of heart and got a more formal dress, so the simpler of the two I'll be wearing at my AHR so it doesn't go to waste (since we weren't able to return it)!

I am wearing the one dress too... It was hard enough to find what i wanted so i am not stressing about a second one..PS You look great in that dress

Thanks for your input ladies. I feel much better now not having to think about getting another dress. It took long enough to narrow it down to that dress, let alone pick another one. Thank you for all your kind words too! I dont know what I would do without this forum!! lol

I too am going to wear my wedding dress all night!!!! It's sooooooo beautiful and the cremeony is like 30 minutes...why in the world would I buy a dress for only the ceremony? Im even contemplating sleeping in it wink.gif haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris View Post
I too am going to wear my wedding dress all night!!!! It's sooooooo beautiful and the cremeony is like 30 minutes...why in the world would I buy a dress for only the ceremony? Im even contemplating sleeping in it wink.gif haha
Not so sure FI would go for that wink.gif

Such a pretty dress and you'll look gorgeous, so why change out of it?! :)

I actually got my dream dress today, after buying one that I thought was more suitable for a DW...I'm going to use that one for my TTD. Gotta wear the dream dress all night!!

You look great. If it's comfortable then wear it to the dinner, you are only gonna wear it once so go for it. I think it's just perfect. If you think you might pass out from being hot or something get a lighter cocktail dress for the reception.