Photo

Former sorority sister STOLE MY DATE!!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 Taylorbride

Taylorbride
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:35 PM

No..you should keep it on the same day but make sure you make an appearance at her reception in your dress looking WAY hotter than she does. No...I'm J/J it just sounds funny wouldn't she be pissed if another BRIDE walked into her reception looking better than she does. LOL

Unfortunately reality is we have to be more classy than that. darn it. but hey the thought made me laugh.

#12 brandynd

brandynd
    • 221 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:20 PM

Oh ladies...I have some funnies for you, as the plot has just thickened. we went in this afternoon to speak to our venue to see about altering our date. Walked in and the woman in charge of our account is no longer there, so we were ushered into the office of "Becky", the most b*tchy woman I have ever met. It seems that they "misplaced" our contract, so she had no record of us even having a reception booked and a deposit down. I'm not going to lie, I went into a total Bridezilla meltdown on the woman, tears, colorful choice of language and all.
      Miraculously about this time her assistant went through all of Wendy's (our former event planner) files and found the contract. However, by the time she produced a copy of the document I was nowhere near consolable.
      Sounds awful, right? Well, yours truly was livid at this point, and this is where I used my "horrible trauma" to my advantage. I was already in tears, and so I started talking about how badly this was affecting my big day, and how unprofessional it was that they couldn't even keep track of my file and get things in order.
      Long story short, they bumped my date up to February 13th for our AHR, and I got a 50% discount on all catering and alcohol because of their mistake. God I want to call Kayla and thank her for saving me a few thousand dollars by just being a vindictive callous excuse for a human being. :)
      There is no better gift that can be given than the gift of ones self.

#13 CaraW

CaraW
      • 346 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:48 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by brandynd
        Long story short, they bumped my date up to February 13th for our AHR, and I got a 50% discount on all catering and alcohol because of their mistake. God I want to call Kayla and thank her for saving me a few thousand dollars by just being a vindictive callous excuse for a human being. :)
        WOO HOO!!! That's good karma for you being the better person. Good for you!!! If you hadn't thought about moving your date, you wouldn't have had the 50% discount. That's awesome!!!
        But still since i didn't get to chime in before, that is awful of your friend to do to you. AWFUL. A similar thing happened to my friend who is getting married in July, and one of our other friends planned her wedding 2 weeks before my friends. We all have the same group of friends, and they are both out of town weddings. Now my friend has to plan her stagette, and shower, etc around this other girl. Some people just have no clue and don't think about other people when making decisions.

#14 sunset78

sunset78
        • 1,280 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:29 AM

I was like, oh no as I was reading, but then that situation turned out awesome for you. :) Take that Kayla, and shove that up your arse... lol. :)

#15 islandbride317

islandbride317
          • 1,866 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:16 PM

So, have you give it any more thought, and make up your mind officially on what you'd like to do?

#16 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
            • 365 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:10 PM

Just make sure that you change your date so that it is BEFORE hers! Maybe that's getting catty right back, but it is really big of you to change your date.

#17 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
              • 365 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:12 PM

O-kay, ignore that last post- I should have read all the way through!

I love the way this had ended up for you!

#18 aimee!

aimee!
                • 696 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:42 PM

oh my gosh! i'm sorry you had to go through all of that, but it sounds like you were sweetly rewarded! :)
                  Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#19 TAHOEJENI

TAHOEJENI
                  • 164 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 11:30 AM

Ha Ha Karma's a B*tch isn't it? My FI and I firmly believe in karma.

#20 jmiranda

jmiranda
                    • 697 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:25 PM

WOW I love this ending.Im so happy that this turned out for the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users