Photo

Holy Crap, They're Done!!!! Pictures of my invitations! :)

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
  • VIP Member
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:49 AM

Absolutley Lovely! I think we have the same colors! I just got finished with my STD's and I was looking for inspiration for my formal invites! I think I just found it!
    You did a wonderful job. I know how much work those take! Half of the battle is making decisions on what paper..what color...what to write. You pulled them off beautifully. I can't wait to see the rest of your projects!

#42 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
    • 4,979 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:53 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Lizzy
      Hey Court, you have been hiding all of your DIY Diva talents! You did a super job on them. Did you send them out to be printed, or did you do them on your puter? They are really pretty...I am very happy for you!

Lizzy
      We printed them on our own. We just got the fonts off of dafont.com. That was probably the easiest part, to be honest!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by MikkiStreak
      Those look great Courtney! How many did you have to do and how long did it take
      Absolutely amazing. I LOVE it!!!

What was your estimate cost (not time -- which I can see it must have taken forever). Also, are you requesting an RSVP for these? I want to send mine out early (April 2008 wedding) but not sure about asking for an RSVP so early ...

There were a lot of things that I bought that I didn't end up using. I bought fabric/batting to go around the invitations (much like Jessalyn did) and it just ended up being WAY too much work (tack on another 50 hours!), so we nixed the idea. We also bought the sand dollars/starfish, but shipping was over $100 because we live in Canada. I think we spent close to $400, but again, there were a lot of places we could have saved money, especially if you live in the US as shipping isn't killer!
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#43 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:54 AM

wow, courtney! those are beautiful...great job!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#44 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
      • 4,979 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:56 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by amy&andy08
        Absolutley Lovely! I think we have the same colors! I just got finished with my STD's and I was looking for inspiration for my formal invites! I think I just found it!
        You did a wonderful job. I know how much work those take! Half of the battle is making decisions on what paper..what color...what to write. You pulled them off beautifully. I can't wait to see the rest of your projects!
        Ya, they were a lot of work - but I love them. There are definately things I wouldn't do/buy if I were to ever make them again, but overall I'm happy with them. Thanks for your compliments (and thanks to everyone else), it's nice to have hard work praised!! :)

#45 DreaW

DreaW
        • Banned
        • 2,462 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:17 PM

Courtney I'm so late with this thread.
          I love them, they are gorgeous. I want one LOL
          :)

drea

#46 DreaW

DreaW
          • Banned
          • 2,462 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:18 PM

oh yeah, if I did make invites I would totally hire you to make mine.
            Don't worry I didn't make invites....

#47 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
            • 4,979 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:25 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by DREA14369
              oh yeah, if I did make invites I would totally hire you to make mine.
              Don't worry I didn't make invites....
              Haha, thanks! lol, I was talking to Aaron about that while we were making them and how some girls have said that they'd considered it as a business after they finished theirs. We both decided "hell no" on that idea! lol. He was a huge help, but I can definately tell he's relieved that he doesn't have to do them anymore.

... I'll let him think that until the next DIY project! lol

#48 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
              • VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:14 PM

Oh Courtney those are terrific!!!! You must be so happy to have them completed!!!!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#49 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
                • 1,876 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:27 PM

Wow Courtney!!! Those are so beautiful!!! I love them!!! great job!! you'll have to let us know the responses that you get from your guests....they are going to love them! you are so on top of things...your wedding is almost a year out! you go girl!!
                  My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
                  Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#50 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
                  • 554 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:10 PM

Amazing! you are incredible Courtney! I also can't wait to see what else you do!
                    My wedding date is a day after yours - and I just put mine in the mail last week - glad to see we are on the same timeline
                    I put March 2008 as the RSVP deadline - what did you do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users