Photo

Will my favors be confiscated by customs?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
  • 661 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:53 PM

Yes have your receipts! I am planning on taking 2 suticases for myself and 2 for my fiance. Plus my parents will probably take another suitcase for me as that way I dont have to worry about wieght restrictions. Then it doesnt look weird that we are coming in with so many suticases. I have all of my receipts as I read this in a post by another BDW member and thought it was a great idea. Helps avoid with a hassle should I get the red light or searched.

#12 tkolman773

tkolman773
    • 167 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:20 AM

Thanks for this info,guess I'd better find some receipts!

#13 finleys7

finleys7
      • 703 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:27 AM

On top of the receipts, don't forget about the 50 lbs weight limit on each bag. We brought light weight collapsible bags for the way down, and then they just fold up and get packed for the trip home.

Immediate family members already know, they are taking a bag of ours =) Gotta love family.
        Shannon

YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
        Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

#14 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
        • 546 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:20 AM

I like the idea of handing out bags before the trip so everyone can take their own down, but it takes away from the dramatics of opening your hotel room door and finding the bags. So, I'm going to bring them. ONE suitcase will be towels only! My 50 towels weigh 52 lbs!

#15 dby88

dby88
          • 166 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:11 AM

Thanks for posting this information. Was not aware that I needed to keep the receipts. I am just starting to shop for the OOT bags so I will be prepared now. Thanks again for all of the advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users