Good and bad news for our wedding.

Thanks ladies!

And Jenny, yeah I kind of see it that way too. I think it's funny that I've met people that have come here to Scottsdale to have a DW, doesn't seem that amazing when I've been Arizona born and raised but I guess most people who live in a tourist destination feel that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mrs. Kt Ellis View Post
Were you really?
I sure was. I live right up the road. A friend of ours took advantage of their "staycation special" and booked a poolside room for $89 on a Friday night. The food was great, the pool area is lovely and rooms are luxurious. It's a great choice. I don't know what you were planning to do for photos but you have some great locations in AZ, using Hells Pass, on your way to Globe, or Sedona, or Saguaro Lake (or all of the above). I know that our photographer has been wanting to get out here and climb....we'd be happy to house him for you if you wanted to bring him out (DREAMTIME IMAGES WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY - Colorado, California and destination wedding photographers serving Denver, Aspen, Vail, Beaver Creek, Estes Park, Boulder, Santa Barbara, Steamboat Springs, Colorado Springs, San Luis Obispo, Cambria, Phoenix, B).

Oh pretty please let me help. There are so many great things that you could do right here in town!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malisa View Post
I sure was. I live right up the road. A friend of ours took advantage of their "staycation special" and booked a poolside room for $89 on a Friday night. The food was great, the pool area is lovely and rooms are luxurious. It's a great choice. I don't know what you were planning to do for photos but you have some great locations in AZ, using Hells Pass, on your way to Globe, or Sedona, or Saguaro Lake (or all of the above). I know that our photographer has been wanting to get out here and climb....we'd be happy to house him for you if you wanted to bring him out (DREAMTIME IMAGES WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY - Colorado, California and destination wedding photographers serving Denver, Aspen, Vail, Beaver Creek, Estes Park, Boulder, Santa Barbara, Steamboat Springs, Colorado Springs, San Luis Obispo, Cambria, Phoenix, B).

Oh pretty please let me help. There are so many great things that you could do right here in town!
89 dollars? I so wish I would have caught that promotion, when we were there we just really wanted to get a room and make a weekend of it:)

I will definitely check him out. I had a photographer that I really wanted to use but he is in pretty high demand I think and since we'd be getting married three months sooner I'm not so sure he'll be available.
Just walking around that place I saw so many places that would look incredible in pictures. But I've been thinking about that today and I'm considering doing a TTD session in somewhere like Sedona maybe.

I would love some help. I have a great family friend that is a florist but everything else I'm starting from scratch!
This may sound like a silly question but I saw the Vendor banner for you but couldn't figure out what it is you do. blush2.gif

Thanks for asking! I'm a wc/vacation coordinator specializing in boutique hotels. Usually I get sent to places that don't have enough information available to plan on the web (Tulum, Guatemala, small islands in the Carribean).

For example, I'll fly to Belize, spend a week looking for that perfect place and hiring everyone you need to make your event special. I like to use local small business owners that are good at what they do, but not necessarily savvy about getting their information out on the internet. Then I just come back for the event and make sure it all runs according to plan. I do everything from meeting people at the airport, excursions, and of course the wedding itself.

I obviously fly wouldn't need to fly anywhere, but everything else still applies. It's just easier because I'm here, know the area and speak the language fluently:)

Oh okay, well if you want to PM me your information that would be great.

I have a huge blended family and so does FI and they all have some part in the planning or wedding so I could use all the help I can get keeping everyone on the same page and where their supposed to be.

Plus, all this time I've been going to bridal shows and gathering information on vendors in CA, not AZ so I could definitely use help with that.